Where do I need to start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOSfed98z

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the ruger target model 10/22. I have been lookin on here and on rimfirecentral. What I want to know is if this was your gun and your money, where would you start changing it. I read all that can be done with one of them and it's a bit overwhelming knowing where to start.

Thanks for the help and ideas.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you want to do with it? Honeybee does an awesome trigger job for a reasonable price.

I have 10/22 rifles, all 3 have 2.5-3# triggers and as with all of my guns they are built for fun not to be pretty.
This one was Kryon coated, so I polished the receiver, found a threaded SS barrel, cheapo ebay sight and a cheap Butler Creek stock.
[Broken External Image]
This is a Hogue stock, BSA scope, and a Shilen bull barrel.
[Broken External Image]
This one is in a Tapco stock with a cheapo ebay sight.
[Broken External Image]

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just added the volquartsen exact edge extractor, bolt buffer, extended mag release hammer pack and bolt release. My trigger is down to about 3lbs now.

Kozmos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you have the T model, I would personally start with a trigger job and scope/mount.
There are numerous routes when it comes to the trigger but I chose to have someone rework mine and it is an incredible difference.
I then got a Mueller APV and Dednutz one piece scope mount (both from Dennis at Mizzou Mule Guns).
Then you can do the little things like bolt buffer, extended mag and bolt releases. I've done a lot more work on mine but this is where I'd start.
ai227.photobucket.com_albums_dd191_sixshiners_toys_IMG_2288.jpg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While it's not quite finished, here's what I did to mine. Trigger job with overtravel stop. Volquartsen exact edge extractor, Power Custom titanuim firing pin, bolt buffer, upgraded bolt stop, Tactical Solutions 16" threaded barrel and extended mag release, Revolution stock that I had drilled in the back, 4 oz lead ingot in the forend and QD swivel sockets installed. Topped it off with a Bushnell Elite 3000 4-14X40 AO scope in Millett rings on a Weaver base. Rifle weighs 6 pounds 6 ounces, but feels much lighter because the balance is perfect.

Next up will be a Tactical Solutions receiver and Volquartsen TG2000 trigger group. Then I'll have a complete non-Ruger 10/22 and enough parts left over to make the Ruger whole again! :)

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG0399.jpg

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG0397.jpg

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG0396.jpg

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG0394.jpg

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While it's not quite finished, here's what I did to mine. Trigger job with overtravel stop. Volquartsen exact edge extractor, Power Custom titanuim firing pin, bolt buffer, upgraded bolt stop, Tactical Solutions 16" threaded barrel and extended mag release, Revolution stock that I had drilled in the back, 4 oz lead ingot in the forend and QD swivel sockets installed. Topped it off with a Bushnell Elite 3000 4-14X40 AO scope in Millett rings on a Weaver base. Rifle weighs 6 pounds 6 ounces, but feels much lighter because the balance is perfect.

Next up will be a Tactical Solutions receiver and Volquartsen TG2000 trigger group. Then I'll have a complete non-Ruger 10/22 and enough parts left over to make the Ruger whole again! :)

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG0399.jpg

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG0397.jpg

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG0396.jpg

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG0394.jpg

I really like that stock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom