Where in Tulsa.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mostly want to just put them in my hand to see what feels good. I've ordered some stuff online but got disappointed in person in terms of feel.

I will say that I'm more likely to go to the Wanne because I'm not looking for any firearms.

Yeah, if you're looking at Production Folders and maybe a few Mid-Techs, we don't have too much here in OK. You can call Sooner State Knives and find out what shows he going to next (I think he sometimes puts that on his website) and he'll even bring along some knives he normally wouldn't if you ask for them specifically. He's a nice enough guy, but he's pretty severely OCD about his knives, so he sometimes runs folks off from his booth. Just talk to him about specifically what you're looking for and ask before sheath/unsheath anything and he'll be more than helpful.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was going to say to go to EZ's house, but otherwise it's been years since i have known tulsa. Other than handling them, are there any you're looking for in particular?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was going to say to go to EZ's house, but otherwise it's been years since i have known tulsa. Other than handling them, are there any you're looking for in particular?

Not really, there are some Kershaws and Benchmades I'd like to check out. Open to a lot of stuff but I need a couple of "cheap" folders for vehicles and a few for carry. I own several Kershaws and I just got a ZT 350 for Xmas. Love it, but it's a bit bulky for carry sometimes.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe not ideal but I believe academy carries several of those brands.

I'll also say that my kershaw cryo is very slim and that the kershaw thermite is very long (3.25in blade I think). I'm considering a cryo II as an in between blade. The free fall and swerve are both cheap blades that do well, though are thick.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just to update, went to Green Beetle today and he had a good number of quality folders and as mentioned previously, a LOT of good fixed blades. SW has a good amount but GB had some nicer higher end stuff I was looking for. Need to head to BP soon to check them out.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coye knives 2A in Tulsa usually has some in the store to handle.

Was in there yesterday. They actually laughed when I asked about Coye knives. Said I could get on the waiting list. Then told me they've seen Coye Ridgebacks selling for nothing less than $1000+. Don't get me wrong, I like the knife... but... come on.

Last time I was in, I was listening to the guys behind the desk talking about how you can buy a basic Wilson Combat .45, throw it in the safe for a couple of years and sell it for $5,000-10,000+.

:puppet2:

I like the range there, but the more times I am in the store, the more their staff sound just like other blowhard elitist "operators" you see working so many other gunshops.

So, in short, they have no Coye knives in stock, don't anticipate any, as they claim they're all spoken-for. I didn't see much else in the way of knives there. No more than 10 in the display case, none of which were anything special.

gun4hire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry that you had a bad experience there. I dont know all of the employees, just one or two. There are always going to be blowhard "operators" at gun stores. Lol. Keep an eye out on here for Coye knives and they only go for a couple hundred here. Good luck man

Latest posts

Top Bottom