Where is the best gun shop in Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had pretty good luck at Sports world over the last 20+ yrs.

Dongs is well stocked and the owner has been good with me when I have dealt directly with him. I have had trouble with a couple of the other people that work there.They can get put out of sorts rather easily. One of the fellows at Dongs I know from our gun club and he was always very helpful.

I consider it training in dealing with difficult people. It is a good skill to develop.

I am sure I sharpen a lot of peoples skills in that area every day.:laugh6:

BrandonMF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sooner Guns has my vote.

I went in there with my friend who wanted to buy an AR-15 rifle and had never even held an AR-15 before. My God that guy was really patient, answered dumb questions, didn't rush us, no gun store snobbery even though dealing with guys who were OBVIOUSLY ignorant, and was quite polite even though we came in about twenty minutes shy of closing just to browse (yeah we got lost on the way so this wasn't on purpose). Helped my friend a LOT, and for good reason he went and bought his rifle from the shop.

Sports World is also a heckuva good place.

But that's my .02. YMMV, and I have far from an exhaustive gun store knowledge.

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mark at SoonerGuns is definitely a cool guy. I have bought a few firearms from him and will likely do more business there. The guys over at OPS have always treated me great as well and that's where I ended up purchasing my 1st handgun.

But honestly, I do most of my purchases at sportsworld. I have had a few friends that have been unhappy with the gunsmith side of the business but otherwise they are a good shop in my book. They're selection is my main reason for going there. I have bought 2 guns there and the prices were right online both times. I do agree that the old man is unpleasant. He always treats me as if I am stealing something yet I have spent thousands of dollars there. Regardless, I continue to use them for the brunt of my shopping and just avoid the older fellow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom