where should I get training?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where would you go for training?

• TDSA

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Shooting-performance

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Marshall's class is great. He and his instructors are top notch, and you will not be bored :)
When I took the AP1 class there were all kinds of skill levels present, so whatever your level you will see improvement and learn.

I want to take it again, because I know I would even get more out of it the 2nd time.

P.S. get out and shoot a match, you will not regret it. USSA has great facilities and fun matches. USPSA is an action pistol match with movement and a lot of fun. Or start out with a steel challenge match, basically standing still shooting steel plates against the clock, it's a great way to start into competition shooting.

Shooters at any of the matches will be more than willing to answer questions about the stages, rules, and gear.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will. Im getting nervous. Ill be ok.

You picked a good class to attend. You will come out of it with a whole lot of new knowledge.

Don't worry about getting in your first steel challenge or USPSA.

Our range in Ponca City gets new shooters almost every month. We always put them as the last shooters throughout the day and let them see how the more experienced shooter run the stage, and then they get their chance.

Come out and shoot!

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. What a great group of guys. TDSA is A+ in my book. These guys are great teachers in the shooting community. If you want to improve your shooting skills or you are just getting into shooting do not hesitate on going to TDSA. I had a great time this weekend.

Now im gonna find me a match to shoot after getting some more ammo. I shot 1400 rounds of 9mm which was my whole stash, good news is I got a bunch of brass after the class.

Clint

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
TDSA's AP1 class looks great and so does their Street Survival for Concealed Carry. Any suggestions on which one to take first? Also is Street Survival for Concealed Carry the same thing as their Advanced Concealed Carry class? Seems to be some discrepancy between lists of classes on different pages of their site, or maybe it's just me. Either way I'm excited to have training like this nearby.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. What a great group of guys. TDSA is A+ in my book. These guys are great teachers in the shooting community. If you want to improve your shooting skills or you are just getting into shooting do not hesitate on going to TDSA. I had a great time this weekend.

Now im gonna find me a match to shoot after getting some more ammo. I shot 1400 rounds of 9mm which was my whole stash, good news is I got a bunch of brass after the class.

Those guys put on a great class. Never saw anybody come out of it not happy.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TDSA's AP1 class looks great and so does their Street Survival for Concealed Carry. Any suggestions on which one to take first? Also is Street Survival for Concealed Carry the same thing as their Advanced Concealed Carry class? Seems to be some discrepancy between lists of classes on different pages of their site, or maybe it's just me. Either way I'm excited to have training like this nearby.

email Marshall he will clarify what his classes offer.

Those guys put on a great class. Never saw anybody come out of it not happy.

They teach a great class. To sum up what they do..... they teach you to ROCK OUT WITH YOUR F'N COCK OUT like a rock star!

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just an update I took Mike Seeklanders defensive pistol and one day rifle class this past weekend.
I'm glad I took it. Another great instructor who can teach you a lot. Let's just say it was a great weekend with lots of great training. I meet 2 OSA members who also took the class, it was a pleasure training with you gents. I highly recommend taking classes from both instructors. They love what they do, and do it with passion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom