Where to buy and what kind of wheat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok so I'm a little confused Ms. Bunny, we eat whole wheat at the house(bread), what should I buy to try and get close to that taste? I don't want bread that taste like cream of wheat! Also are you a member here?----> http://www.survivalistboards.com/index.php

I think I've seen the same name over there!

You should use about 1/2 and 1/2 Hard Red and Hard White then. Believe it or not the whole wheat bread you get at the store doesn't taste anything like "real" whole wheat bread does ... But then again, the white bread you get at the store doesn't taste like home-made white bread either ...

LOL ... Yes, you have ... And that would be me -- On Sooner Survivalist and ARFCOM, too ... I'm the same person everywhere I go ... I know, I know ... OPSEC and all. I'm just not good at hiding out ... :wink2: Besides whenever folks find out I'm married to that danged JBT of mine if they had any "sinful" thoughts they seem to go find somewhere else to be ... Hmmmmm ... Go figure ...

mythreal

Marksman
Reaction score
For those of you in the OKC area you can buy a 25 lps bucket of the Hard Red Winter Wheat berries at The Health Food Center at sw 74th and Penn. You can also order them from John's farm (www.johnsfarm.com) and pick them up the first Saturday of the month at the OSU Farmers Market.

Last edited:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BB, he might be there... If I can curtail his alcohol consumption. I'm not sure a backpack is big enough!

Oh yeah ... the more the merrier!! (Yeah, you should have seen the look GC gave me when I picked up a flask at BassPro the other day. **sigh** I really need to go back down there without him ... damned tee-totaller ... sheesh ... And it was clearanced too!! :D)

Pics! Or it didn't happen!

I've met Perplexed. I'm pretty sure, judging by the twinkle in his eye, that he's prone to bad behavior from time to time ... And yes, takes one to know one ... ;) (BUT there are NO pics of me ... ANYWHERE!! Because I'm smart that way ... :wink2:)

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've met Perplexed. I'm pretty sure, judging by the twinkle in his eye, that he's prone to bad behavior from time to time ... And yes, takes one to know one ... ;) (BUT there are NO pics of me ... ANYWHERE!! Because I'm smart that way ... :wink2:)

No comment on the bad behavior :wink2: As for the pics of you... are you sure about that?

[Broken External Image]

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So BB, if I want to store some wheat to make a store type white bread, would it be about 1/3 hard white, and 2/3 soft white, or what kind of mix?

Latest posts

Top Bottom