Where to get a Bow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRF01

Marksman
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm looking to buy my first compound bow in the next week or so and I was just wondering if anyone could suggest a good place to shop. As always price is important but more important is reliability and customer service. All suggestions are appreciated.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma Archery is great for expertise and service, just make sure you get in there before September or they're extremely busy. I purchased my last bow from a pawn shop in the middle of Oklahoma City and got a heck of a deal on it. All depends on what you're looking for honestly.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my first bow on Craiglist. Bought it for 100 but saw similars for 250ish. If possible, have the seller meet you at an archery shop so they can inspect it for you. If its your first bow, I would suggest not buying too new or too old. Bows weight/ease have improved alot over the years, but their price has also gone up. Personally, I'd stick to anything 2005 or newer. Also, know what your draw length and weight is. If you buy a used bow too far off it can't be adjusted enough.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope you enjoy it. It's an obsession. Accessorize it to your liking but make sure you spend a little money on the sight at least. The fiber optics on the pins are worth their weight in gold if they are long enough to capture extra light.

JRF01

Marksman
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on the sight. I finally got to shoot it this evening(I waited until someone was around that knew what they were doing). I was told that I did ok for not having ever shot a bow. Unfortunatly the rain gods were jealous of my apparent beginners luck and rained us out but, I am definatly hooked good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom