Where to get cr123a batteries?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I buy the rechargeable 123's off of ebay, with the charger, 4 batteries for about $10, shipped direct from Asia.

No issues, other than it takes about 2-3 weeks for them to arrive.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can get a dozen Surefires for about $25 or so shipped.

Amazon sells Streamlight batts for $20.25 a dozen. You can even get free shipping...if'n you buy something else for 5 bucks that qualifies. :rolleyes2

FWIW, the Streamlights work just as good as the Surefires. The only thing is, if you have a Surefire flashlight and use ANY OTHER BRAND OF BATTERY in the SF torch and something goes wrong (batteries explode, leak, whatever) this will void the Surefire lifetime warranty.

Something to consider.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Batteryjunction.com - absolute best place to buy most batteries and a lot of good LED flashlights.

I stick with the Titanium Innovation brand for CR123s (if you catch Battery Junction's sales, you can get 15% or more off):

http://www.batteryjunction.com/pri-cr123a.html

Technically, if a battery explodes in your flashlight, the battery company should replace the flashlight - not the flashlight-maker, so I can see why Surefire would have this policy.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I buy the rechargeable 123's off of ebay, with the charger, 4 batteries for about $10, shipped direct from Asia.

No issues, other than it takes about 2-3 weeks for them to arrive.

This is exactly what I did and have had very good luck. The only thing to consider is that rechargeable batteries will slowly discharge over time so I would not consider them for long term storage unless you are prepared to be able to charge them

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is exactly what I did and have had very good luck. The only thing to consider is that rechargeable batteries will slowly discharge over time so I would not consider them for long term storage unless you are prepared to be able to charge them

Keep in mind that a lot of LED-based flashlights (especially CR123-based models) will not work properly on rechargeables and will specifically not cover damage caused by rechargeables.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep in mind that a lot of LED-based flashlights (especially CR123-based models) will not work properly on rechargeables and will specifically not cover damage caused by rechargeables.

I'm using them in Surefire, Fenix, and Quark, have been for some time, no issues, and no hesitation using them. I have many friends using them in Fenix lights with no problems as well.

For me it's worth the "risk"....

Latest posts

Top Bottom