Where to get cr123a batteries?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Fwiw, the rechargeables have been known to pop the Xenon bulbs in Streamlght and Surefire lights because of an increased(above normal, 3V) initial charge or recharge.
Not sure about LED bulbs.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fwiw, the rechargeables have been known to pop the Xenon bulbs in Streamlght and Surefire lights because of an increased(above normal, 3V) initial charge or recharge.

Interesting.

I just checked some batteries with my Fluke.

Used Surefire was a little over 3v, used Streamlights are about 3.1V, fully charged re-chargeables came in a little over 3.5V.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

On a digital-regulated LED flashlight, you'll find that it's usually the voltage regulation circuitry that is damaged and when that goes, there is no repairing the light (save one or two lights that I can think of off hand that are made to handle rechargeable anyways).

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Batteryjunction.com - absolute best place to buy most batteries and a lot of good LED flashlights.

I stick with the Titanium Innovation brand for CR123s (if you catch Battery Junction's sales, you can get 15% or more off):

http://www.batteryjunction.com/pri-cr123a.html

Technically, if a battery explodes in your flashlight, the battery company should replace the flashlight - not the flashlight-maker, so I can see why Surefire would have this policy.

What I use too.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use them on my E2D without issue and at this point could care less if the light pops. With the cost of batteries I'm money ahead on the rechargeable batt route. If your wanting batteries in town I got some from Repete @ 12 for $20 bucks when I originally got the flashlight from him. ( I still have 10 of the original dozen that are unused

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm using them in Surefire, Fenix, and Quark, have been for some time, no issues, and no hesitation using them. I have many friends using them in Fenix lights with no problems as well.
For me it's worth the "risk"....

Just gotta make sure the light can handle it. Check over at the candlepowerforums.com - those guys are serious hardcore flashlight guys and they usually have all the knowledge on which flashlights have a regulation circuit that can handle the higher voltage from a lithium rechargeable. I've been using the same lithium rechargeable pair for probably 3 years now in my Fenix. The battery is the "AW" brand which I think they sell over at CPF as well. I'll never go back to primaries if I can work out a rechargeable solution.

Good luck,

Alan

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the same size cell, a primary li-ion will have more capacity than a rechargeable li-po.

This. I've not ever seen a CR123 outside the range of 1400-1550mah

I wouldn't trust many of the ebay sellers claims and I'd honestly be very careful about using some of the generic 123-types - there have been more than a few cases of exploding batteries when put under serious loads.

I'd like to see some 2000mah 123-sized batteries (are you guys buying RCR123s or some other battery-type?) put through some sort of test to see how they last.

The Titanium Innovations batteries are UL listed and can be had for around $.70 per battery if you catch Battery Junction's sales.

Here's a battery shootout of popular CR123 brands under different loads:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?67078-123-Battery-Shoot-Out

Latest posts

Top Bottom