Where to get cr123a batteries?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think battery junction claims 1% a year.

A lot of it is just claims. They lose closer to 3% a year. Generally, 7 years is the "Usable" shelf life of a lithium battery.

Here's some insight for you guys: Panasonic, Surefire and Streamlight 123a's are the same battery, different label. Tenergy makes some crappy batteries, their really a crap chute. You might get some decent ones for a while, and then BOOM, straight crap. Decent quality R123a's are VERY hard to source, unfortunately, and the everyday consumer has kind of ruined the market on those. You can't get them locally, because too many people buy them, blow up their cheap flashlight and get pissy with the store that sold them.

If anyone is interested, I can test their RCR123a's for actual capacity values for your information, and my curiosities sake.

bmxr4life87

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
as far as local in tulsa patrol technology has a dozen asp brand for $18 and they seem to last longer than streamlights. they also sell streamlights 2 for $5 just like 2a and academy. academy has their own brand for $2.19 each if your normal routes are dry

Latest posts

Top Bottom