Where to get skate board tape?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stupid question but all I seem to find is the thick no slip tape for stairs and bath tubs. I am wanting to get some for the grip on my pistol and am not having any luck.

Also is it called skateboard tape?

Thanks,
hunter966

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might have to go to a skate shop in the city. I've used 3m anti skid tape for stairways for a little over a year and it works great

gun4hire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ericwesselman.com has laser cut grip tape. I don't know if they have one for your particular type of pistol, but its all on his website. They are called Tru-grips and work great on my glock.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last I bought came from an Ace Hardware store. I got the stair tread tape, which was sold by the foot off their big roll. Tub tape probably would not be aggressive enough to suit me. Its inexpensive, so you can experiment. The stuff is really durable and is still on the 2-3 Glocks and a 1911 that I originally installed it on.

The pre-cut for specific gun tape will be less work; you won't have to make a pattern like I did from a brown paper grocery sack.

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clean the area on the pistol with rubbing alcohol before applying the tape.
Also try not to have any edges or corners of the tape where they would easily catch and start pulling the tape loose.

I've always used the 3M Stair tape from a hardware store.

Latest posts

Top Bottom