Where to get water barrels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any place to buy, or even better get for free, some food grade plastic barrels to store water?
Without paying an exorbitant price?

I used to work for a small food manufacturer in OKC, we got in food flavorings, seasonings, etc in the food grade barrels. They were either white or a light to medium blue color. I think they were somewhere around 30-35 gallons or so, ballpark guessing now. Wish I could get some of those now. I'm thinking they could be rinsed out well with lots of running water, put some bleach in, air and sun dry, and they'd be fine to store water. Probably be essential to use a water filter and purification system to make sure ok to drink.

Thanks in advance for any and all ideas, comments, suggestions, etc.

Gene

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a fella selling them for a decent price in our classifieds not too long ago...might do search in there and find his user name and shoot him a PM to see if he has anymore.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pickel barrels? HMMM Ok what about going to the bakeries (most larger grocery stores have one) and ask for the buckets they get ingredients in for cakes, etc?

Looks like it would be a LOT easier to handle 5 gallon buckets of water than 50 gallons of water. Of course you'd want to completely clean the buckets, etc, and filter and sterilize the water, but that would be just fine with me.

Looks like I need to check with some bakeries.

I wonder about donut shops? Do they get ingredients in buckets too?

Dang it, I am on a diet, lost about 40 pounds in the last 3 months, now I have to walk into these tempting food places? dang.

Latest posts

Top Bottom