1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Where to shoot?

Discussion in 'Gun Club/Range Talk' started by zodiii, May 5, 2010.

1. claricSTi

claricSTi Sharpshooter

Happy Hollow is non-member, 10 bucks to shoot. I just recently got an XD40 as well and have been going out to HH a couple times a week (actually going tomarrow). The wagoner range is also a good free place to shoot but is qyurw a drive as well. Wagoner also has the unfortunate downside of unsafe shooters.

2. zodiii

zodiii Marksman

I will head out there sometime soon then, heck, maybe tomorrow too. I've only shot a single clip through my XD, wanting to get out and get some good lead down range badly!

Does Happy Hollow have a plinking range? Wouldn't mind breaking out the 10/22, or the little .22 revolver I have.

3. claricSTi

claricSTi Sharpshooter

Yes they do, they have the rifle range right next to the pistol range. I believe 50,100,150 and 200 yards is the distances they have on the plinking range out there.

4. coythtr

coythtr Guest

Wagoner range is dangerous ground ,its 13 miles from my house and i drive 40 to okmulgee or cherokee just to avoid it.

5. zodiii

zodiii Marksman

I will make sure I avoid that like the plague then. So ready to get out and shoot! I expect it will be a good stress reliever from all this studying for the exam to get into Grad school!

Think I may check out Happy Hollow this weekend.

6. cinman14

cinman14 Sharpshooter

I took my son out there last Saturday.. We got there at 9am and stayed until close to eleven and we were the only ones there...

As we were finishing up a group of older adults and their kids were setting up.. They were getting the targets ready and going over the rules.. I didn't see any problems with the area..

I guess the key is to get there early before everyone starts getting around...

From the looks of the area it is an almost 100% chance you would never see me there on a late Saturday or Sunday afternoon...[Broken External Image]

7. Teufelshunde

Teufelshunde Marksman

Happy Hollow is the only local range my family goes to. The owner Don is pretty strict but thats a good thing. Being a younger guy, 23yrs old, you sometimes get the cold shoulder from some gun people or store owners. Don has always helped my grandfather, father, and now me. I just heard he has a skeet range. I'll be checkin that out a little later in the year.

8. tonymcvay

tonymcvay Marksman

Where is the Wagoner range located?

9. coythtr

coythtr Guest

Its on 51hwy straight through wagoner out by airport and rodeo grounds.

10. tonymcvay

tonymcvay Marksman

Thats pretty bad I grew up in Coweta and never knew there was a range out that way. We always had our own land to shoot on though.