Which 1911 style .22?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking to replace my Walther P22 with a good 1911. As much as I really like my Walther, it's not terribly accurate. I'd like to keep t in a pack but use a 1911 as my primary .22 pistol.

Does anyone have a suggestion on which 1911 ti get? It has to be threaded for a can and a rail would be ideal. Any help would be appreciated.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GSG 1911-22, or the Sig 1911-22...well, GSG makes the Sig from what I understand but you can get a Railed GSG...and you can buy the threaded barrel adapter. I have the Sig and it is a lot of fun to shoot...especially with my Spectre II on it.

jbrentd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both the GSG 1911-22 and a Walther P22. The GSG is a good value, IMO. Got it from PSA on one of their daily deals before Christmas for $269. They've got them in stock for $299 now. It doesn;t have a rail though.

Both of my kids (and me) really enjoy shooting it and prefer it over the P22. It has been flawless so far (knock on wood) with many hundreds of rounds through it. I may end up refinishing the slide...it doesn't look like the finish will hold up long term. But I knew about that before buying, based on some reviews. I have never owned a higher caliber 1911, but this thing makes me want to get one.

wademe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a chiappa 1911 chambered in 22lr and its a tack driver. probably 5000 rounds thru it. never misfired or jammed, and it seems like the cheaper the ammo the better it shoots... Something i think is important in a 22 pistol that i use for plinking...

BangBangJamDang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been looking for the same thing. I have a Smith and Wesson 22A that I am ready to part with. I have been looking at going the Sig 1911 or Ruger MKIII route. Still not sure which one to go with, but those GSG's look very tempting for the price. Good to know that people like them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom