Which AK mags?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nimaro

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I stumbled into an AK in the near future which mags should I be looking for? Anything to stay away from? Any insight would be appreciate thanks folks!

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steel not Korean like the others have posted. I have two tapco mags and can say I do not like them. They fit very tightly in my rifle (too tight) and are bulky. If you want something interesting, look for bakelite, or Russian slab side magazines.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Chinese mags are extra hard to find, but they are great magazines. They also have a different follower then most the euro mags, and are the only thing that will properly feed an SKS-M or SKS-D. You can tell the Chinese mags because they don't have a raised spine on the back of them like all the euro steel mags have.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Your best bet as far as availability and that work are any Eastern European mags. Such as East German,Romanian,Bulgarian,etc. I have a good assortment of many different kinds and those are the ones that work best. Polish are good too and FWIW I have a couple of Tapcos...they work ok but Im not sure how durable they are.

Nimaro

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So does anyone have 2 Eastern European type metal ak mags they would be willing to trade for some black no window pmags? I have 5.56,.308 and 5.7x28 to trade as well if there isn't a demand for ar mags from my end.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the circle 10 mags. Out of all the AK mags I have tried, they are by far the best.

The US Palm ones are nice too, but can't be taken apart for cleaning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom