Which carry pistol?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve owned both and liked my P938 quite a bit better, main reason being it ate any kind of ammo I fed it. My Kimber was a lot pickier. I was just getting back into shooting when I bought the Kimber, some of the problem might have been on me. Limp wristing, hand catching the slide a little, etc.
Ended up selling both of them because of the low capacity and the thumb safety. They both carried well and looked pretty sharp though.

big green chopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have shot both. Own neither. That should tell you something.
Of the two in question the p938 is superior in ergos and quality upon examination. Time on the range supported that conclusion with the kimber having numerous failures and poor groups. The 938 had zero malfunctions with the same ammo and groups were surprisingly good.

Both are POOR CHOICES for primary EDC, especially for new shooters. They are both tiny snag machines, and while I am a fan of the external hammer, not with a tiny pistol. Its asking for trouble.

For primary EDC find something you can make excellent groups with. Shooting a tiny pistol under stress when family and innocents may be danger close is in best case, a poor choice, and likely a dangerous choice unless you train extensively with one.

If you gain enough experience (methodical, controlled, practice with some good training thrown in) then... you will have a much better ability to assess your ability and needs. It is not something you can web research, like consumers are programed to do. It may be that the gun that you shoot best IS NOT one you were even interested in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom