Which Loctite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious which Loctite threadlocker you guys prefer for your guns and related gun gear. I'm looking to secure holster retention screws, grip screws, etc., but want the option to unscrew as necessary.

It looks like Blue 242 would work.

What say you?

Sent from my underground command post using war drums and morse code. Now free!

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I see Amazon carries an Uncle Mike's Gun-Tite by Loctite. I think we have a winner. ;)

Sent from my underground command post using war drums and morse code. Now free!

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Use red locktite on it....if you need to loosen it just take your soldering iron and touch it to the screw for 5 seconds or so and it will come right out.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i use red on my trailer ,securing bolt on d-rings and threaded hooks, said trailer stays outside uncovered in all weather, and when i have to remove something secured with the red ,a wrench always does the job no heat needed.i bet blue would work just fine too, i just have a big bottle of red, and dont see the need to buy any blue.Loctite makes several different versions of this stuff(5 or 6) i dont see the need to spend my money on something, just because the manufacture says this is Exactly what you need to use on it, if red works i use it and call it done.. if you really want something to NEVER move clean out all the oil and grease and us JB-WELD in the threads or joint.

Latest posts

Top Bottom