Which Maxpedition?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn! There are more Maxpedition products than there are cigarettes and breakfast cereals! :ugh2:

I'm in the market for a small EDC carrier of sorts, but I don't want an all-out bail-out bag or man purse. What I want is something that I can carry a small flashlight, spare batts, a multitool, a lil' dab of duct tape, a pocket sized Bible, and a pad & pens. Maybe a mini pry bar, a Sharpie and a Bic lighter might come in handy too.

I don't want a HUGE bag because then I would be filling it up with a bunch of crap that I really don't need. Therefore, I've narrowed my choice down to the Maxpedition Mini Pocket Organizer...

www.maxpedition.com_store_pc_catalog_0259k_detail.jpg

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Mini-Pocket-Organizer-7p1559.htm

...or the Maxpedition 4 x 6 Notebook Cover.

www.maxpedition.com_store_pc_catalog_3303k_1933_detail.jpg

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/4-x-6-Notebook-Cover-7p890.htm

Both pouches are about the same size (4" x 6" x .75" +/-). I think the notebook cover is slightly taller wider, but it doesn't seem as bulky to me because of the lack of MOLLE webbing and the pull handle on the back. It also seems a little slimmer/thinner than the mini organizer.

They both feature just the right amount of pockets and elastic loops for my stuff without any extra space/loops that would tempt me to put more "survival" crap in them. The Mini organizer probably has a few more loops but I can't imagine what else I would need. Maybe an extra hank of 550, eh?

Like I said...I don't want a 3 day ruck sack, just something I can slip in a cargo pocket and take with me. Sort of a redundant back-up to my back-up if you will. :rolleyes2

Your thoughts and comments please. :selfangel

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got one of those pocket organizers inside my backpack...I've got all kinds of stuff in it...pens, pencils, multi-tool, flashdrive, lighter, marker, chemstick, and a few more things. Pretty handy lil pouch.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I decided to go with the Maxpedition 4X6 notebook cover in foilage green instead of the mini pocket organizer.

www.maxpedition.com_store_pc_catalog_3303f_1290_detail.jpg

Mostly because the pocket organizer had too many loops and pockets for my measley EDC items. If I had access to all those pockets and loops, I'd fill that thing up with a bunch of crap that I don't need.

Like I said in my first post. All this is for is to carry a back-up, back-up flashlight, some spare batts, a multi tool, my small Bible and a pad & pen(s).

While I was in Kansas visiting my daughter, SIL and grandson this past weekend, I went to a store there in Junction City called Quantico Tactical and bought a 4X6 Rite In The Rain notepad (www.riteintherain.com) so I figured the Maxpedition 4X6 notebook cover would work perfectly.

www.maxpedition.com_store_pc_catalog_3303k3_1171_detail.jpg

I'm thinking I'll put my Gerber multitool in the upper left elastic loop, a pair of Surefire batts in the middle loops and my Surefire E2E in the loop on the right and a couple of pens, a Sharpie and either a highlighter or a mechanical pencil in the lower 4 sections. Then, of course, I'll put my Rite In The Rain 4X6 notebook in the bottom slip pocket/sleeve and my small Bible in the top slip pocket/sleeve.

I might remove the stiching between the two small elastic web loops in the middle to accomodate this CR123 battery carrier, so I would have 4 spare batts instead of just two.

www.homedepot.com_catalog_productImages_300_2f_2ff92146_48d4_4dac_b9a1_423c4948c672_300.jpg

Anybody else here have one of these that they can share some good or bad stories/reviews about it?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom