Which molle/rig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just so you can crank something into yor thinking...no-one is running a chest rig in 3-gun, It would get in the way of shotshell carriers and pistol stuff unless you are going to put it all on the chest rig, and then you can't get to it when in awkward positions, and shoulder holsters/chest rig cross draws aren't allowed! Just something to thinnk about.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just so you can crank something into yor thinking...no-one is running a chest rig in 3-gun, It would get in the way of shotshell carriers and pistol stuff unless you are going to put it all on the chest rig, and then you can't get to it when in awkward positions, and shoulder holsters/chest rig cross draws aren't allowed! Just something to thinnk about.

Thank you for this info. I have a cheap pistol holster for the hip, and I am thinking of running the vest with rifle mags on the left and pistol on the right. As for shot shell carrier, I didn't think of that truthfully.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Universal Chest Rig from skdtac.com. I love it. Carrys 8 rifle mags, IIRC, and 4 pistol mags. I have it loaded and ready but mostly for SHTF. I wouldn't wear it for 3 gun. Just saying. For 3 gun, I put two pistol mags in an XD gear mag holder, and one rifle mag in my back pocket, and one or two shotshell caddy's in front. I have been using a drop leg holster from highspeedgearinc.com. I love it but this go around I think I am going to use my Raven Concealment holster from TheMalabarFront.com, as this is the holster I CCW with.

back to the original topic, I like the Universal CHest rig from SKDtac but if you want a molle vest and then you add your own pouches, I don't know. Sorry,.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The downside to integrated hydration packs is that they are really hot. You get this awesome, breathable mesh vest, but then have a hydration pack on the inside of it strapped on your back, right against your skin. I'd rather have a separate camel back. Much more versatile. Wear the hydration pack alone, under the vest, over the vest, depending on what you need at the time.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The downside to integrated hydration packs is that they are really hot. You get this awesome, breathable mesh vest, but then have a hydration pack on the inside of it strapped on your back, right against your skin. I'd rather have a separate camel back. Much more versatile. Wear the hydration pack alone, under the vest, over the vest, depending on what you need at the time.

Exactamundo.

Michael Brown

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Universal Chest Rig from skdtac.com. I love it. Carrys 8 rifle mags, IIRC, and 4 pistol mags. I have it loaded and ready but mostly for SHTF. I wouldn't wear it for 3 gun. Just saying. For 3 gun, I put two pistol mags in an XD gear mag holder, and one rifle mag in my back pocket, and one or two shotshell caddy's in front. I have been using a drop leg holster from highspeedgearinc.com. I love it but this go around I think I am going to use my Raven Concealment holster from TheMalabarFront.com, as this is the holster I CCW with.

back to the original topic, I like the Universal CHest rig from SKDtac but if you want a molle vest and then you add your own pouches, I don't know. Sorry,.

I have found most everything I was looking for at this website, thanks for posting it!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went up to Fort Riley, Kansas to see my daughter and her new hubby this weekend. While we were there, I helped my son-in-law rig up his vest...he deploys for Iraq in February.

The next morning, my hands had that feeling you get from running a chainsaw all day. You know...that kinda stiff and burning feeling when you make a fist and open your hand?

Of course, I dunno if I was putting the pouches on right or not. I've never messed with MOLLE gear before. You do put it on in a kinda basketweaving style...right? Insert the MOLLE straps into the loop on the vest, then on the loop on the back of the pouch, then on the vest, then on the back of the pouch, then on the pouch, etc, etc, etc until it locks on and snaps? Right?

I tell ya...installing two triple mag pouches, three double mag pouches, two canteen pouches, a pair of grenade pouches, a butt pack, a multi-tool (shovel) and a pair of flashbang pouches wear ya out!

Putting together that damned ruck was a PITA too! :pissed:

Latest posts

Top Bottom