Which one would you pick?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

Got that ClassIII itch again:gun2: I think I've narrowed it down to these three. So, if you don't mind, vote for one of these. If you could, throw in some additional information on these items.......you know....are there parts for these guns, magazines, problems you have had with one or all of these........etc. ****I'm very familiar with these guns, just want some additional input and information******

1st: M-16:.....[Broken External Image]

2nd: Ruger AC556:.....[Broken External Image]

3rd: Smith & Wesson 76:.....[Broken External Image]

*****Not these particular guns, these are just for pictures only********

Thanks,
Cohiba

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have shot my buddies Thompson 1928 model. Dang.....after a while that thing got HEAVY......50 round drum. The COOL factor was off the chart.......but as I get older, I want comfort, not cool. As for the Grease Gun, are there parts for this antique? I hate to spend that kind of money for a stamped sheet metal gun.

Thanks!!!

Cohiba

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have shot my buddies Thompson 1928 model. Dang.....after a while that thing got HEAVY......50 round drum. The COOL factor was off the chart.......but as I get older, I want comfort, not cool. As for the Grease Gun, are there parts for this antique? I hate to spend that kind of money for a stamped sheet metal gun.

Thanks!!!

Cohiba

Hell yeah! Grease guns are awesome. They used them in service until 88 or 89 with few modifications.....

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have shot a Grease Gun and wasn't impressed with the rate of fire.

Here is a video of me and some buddies shootin' class III, back when I lived in Houston.

Half way through the video, I'm the one shootin' my Uzi. Right after me is a friend shootin' my Uzi but with the Vector 22 kit in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb-33pagets

Cohiba

Slow rate but large lead......:thumbup3:

Glock Nut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dont jack arround Buy a m-16 if you can afford it. i bought an A2 and dont regret it one bit. then spent some more coin on a SPR/M4 can for it.

GN

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

Got that ClassIII itch again:gun2: I think I've narrowed it down to these three. So, if you don't mind, vote for one of these. If you could, throw in some additional information on these items.......you know....are there parts for these guns, magazines, problems you have had with one or all of these........etc. ****I'm very familiar with these guns, just want some additional input and information******

Thanks,
Cohiba

I vote for the M-16. Parts are everywhere, uppers are swapped in seconds giving you a completely different gun, mags are plentiful and cheap. Non Colt M-16's can be found around $10K-$12K.

Ruger has factory support (but they will no longer replace a receiver). Ruger will not send you any parts though, you will have to send it back to them. Barrels heat up rapidly and can't be changed by the user. Mags are also expensive.

The 76 is not a bad gun and 9mm ammo is cheap, but mags and parts are hard to find and expensive.

Big50

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey All,

Thanks,
Cohiba

How much is a good M-16. My guess would be between $15 and $20,000 for a factory original. Riesing Model 50 are really fun to shoot and they cost $4500 factory new. Wow factor M-16

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well the M-16 with that stock # shows sold, so I don't know how much they were asking. But, if you have the funds to get a Colt M-16, I'd say definitely go for it. The AC-556 has the benefit of factory support at half the price, so that's an attractive option. I wouldn't choose the 76 if I had the means for the other two.

Latest posts

Top Bottom