Which One??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What Dennis said. Plus; it just plain works! (Or; I suggest you look at a Marlin 60 for the tube-fed option; again, this little rifle just plain works, although you won't find as many after market parts to jazz it up as you would with the 10-22).

CoyoteStalker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
10/22 is your best option for a number of reasons. 1) simple design that allows you to work on it at home without the expense of a gun smith. (No offense to the smiths...not everyone can afford for one to do all your upgrades). 2) everything on it is upgradeable, as you can strip it to the reciever and build your dream 22. 3) availability of parts...a quick search for parts online will yield a multitude of vendors and aftermarket parts. 4) the design just works as stated above.

My first gun was a Ruger 10/22 and it is indestructible. I went years without cleaning it and shot more critters and rounds than I could even count...it still works today after having it for about 32 years. That thing was used in every kind of weather and was carried in the dirtiest of conditions, and I can't remember having to actually replace any parts to fix it.

The only 22lr rifle I would spend money to purchase would be a Ruger 10/22.

Sent from the hunting cabin

Latest posts

Top Bottom