Which processor do you use for donating to Hunters for Hungry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
in central OK & surrounding areas? I'd plan on only keeping one deer this fall, and giving the rest away. I will pay the fee, but would prefer not to pay more than $40 per deer. Thanks.

I've been mixing a much higher ratio of vegetables & bean and such with each smaller portion of meat, so I'm making meat last much longer now...I'm thinking one deer will be more than enough for year for me; maybe an 80 lb due and give my other deer meat away.

P.S. Eating backstrap fajitas right now; outstanding! :)

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We get request of a single back-strap or another cut but we did 5 deer last year. I didn't think the homeless would eat it but most are country folk and get real sentimental when you pull the venison out....

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you get young does I will process for a church that feeds the homeless on Saturdays.

Didn't know you did this ... we will keep you in mind this year ... one of the reasons we didn't hunt as much as we could have was that we didn't want to harvest more than we could use ... if it will go to use I don't mind shooting but I am not too much into the trophy thing ...

Next time GC goes fishing with his buddies you want his catch? We still have fish in the freezer from last years trip ...

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Didn't know you did this ... we will keep you in mind this year ... one of the reasons we didn't hunt as much as we could have was that we didn't want to harvest more than we could use ... if it will go to use I don't mind shooting but I am not too much into the trophy thing ...

Next time GC goes fishing with his buddies you want his catch? We still have fish in the freezer from last years trip ...

Between my wife and I we are always busy. Both have 2 jobs, 5 kids at home and still manage 10 hours or more a month of volunteer time.....

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know who does Hunter for the Hungry anymore. There was a butcher in Stillwater called "Country Cut Meats" that did it but they went out of business several years ago. You might check with McKinneys in Yale?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, if I can give them to you for free, I'll be shooting all the young does I can find!

If you use the link that 1shot provided, listing the Hunters feeding the Hungry processors, your asked to pay enough to cover their packaging. Its 100% tax deductible.
I work with the state on a DMAP project where we take lots of does. If you don't want to use the Hunters Feeding the Hungry program for whatever reason, check with your local game ranger. I can assure you that he will have a list of people that can use the meat that are currently down and out. If your local processor is not participating in the Hunters Feeding the Hungry program, I'll bet he has a list of people that have checked in with them about taking extra deer. I use Tonkawa Meat Processing for my personal use, and he always has people wanting venison for several reasons. Some are being injured, and not getting to go deer hunting, or having some medical problems that don't allow them to eat beef, pork, or chicken that has been comercially raised. I believe its Krones disease? They can eat venison though. I harvest two deer a year for a lady in OKC that is in that position. By taking extra does, your doing several things. Helping the landowner your hunting on, Getting the buck to doe ratio back into proper perspective, getting food to people that may be needing help. It gets no better than that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom