Which Savage Bolt Action .22?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am currently looking at ordering a bolt action .22 from Walmart since they started carrying firearms out in Yukon. I think I have it narrowed down to two different models:

1. MK II F (version with the Accutrigger) $177.00

ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_markiif.png

2. MK II FV (Accutrigger, heavy barrel, and scope bases included) $238.00

ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_markiifv.png

Which is the better rifle for the $? I just dont know if the heavy barrel is worth the additional cost especially since I wouldn't have the ability to shoot it without a scope. I originally planned on installing a scope and bipod and building a target/ varmint rifle but it would be nice to do some plinking with irons if the mood struck. I could also get the base model MK II F for $127 but from what I've read it's worth the extra cash to get the upgrade with the adjustable Accutrigger. Any thoughts?

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best way would be get them both. I would get the FV. I would order the FVSS. Same gun in stainless. Costs more though.

I was happy to see guns back in the Yukon Walmart. Ordering through Walmart isn't too bad. They wouldn't take full pay in advance. They had a catalog of guns they woould order for you then.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, I'm getting the FV-SR. I think the extra features are worth the coin and the ability to mount a suppressor brings the fun factor way up!

[Broken External Image]

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I'm getting the FV-SR. I think the extra features are worth the coin and the ability to mount a suppressor brings the fun factor way up!

Wow...that is EXACTLY what I will purchase. I found the FV-SR for only $16 more than what Walmart is asking for the FV. From what I can tell for the extra $16 you get the threaded heavy barrel, upgrade one piece Weaver base, and upgrade bolt with oversized handle. Can't get much better than that! :drooling:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow...that is EXACTLY what I will purchase. I found the FV-SR for only $16 more than what Walmart is asking for the FV. From what I can tell for the extra $16 you get the threaded heavy barrel, upgrade one piece Weaver base, and upgrade bolt with oversized handle. Can't get much better than that! :drooling:

From what I'm getting quoted, that sounds like a good price. Care to share where you found it for $254?

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I'm getting quoted, that sounds like a good price. Care to share where you found it for $254?

I called Sooner State Pawn yesterday afternoon and they told me to check on their website. I looked it up on my phone and found it listed for $252.99 (only $15 difference). Unfortunately my phone didn't display the entire website so I didn't see the note that said contact retailer, or the additional shipping and background check fees. I sent an email to SSP yesterday evening after I discovered this and asked if they could actually order the rifle and what the total cost out the door would be. I'll let you know once I receive a response.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It will be approximately $275 out the door after tax. Unfortunately the distributor is out of stock. They are currently checking on the wait time to get one in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom