Which Silencer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A can for which firearms first?

• Glock 23

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • AR/AK chambered in 5.56

Votes: 39 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first, and only, suppressor is a YHM phantom for my 5.56. Its been on both a 16" and an 11.5" barrels. I could comfortably shoot both with no hearing protection. It sounds like a standard .22 LR on the 16" barrel, and just a little louder on the 11.5".

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I talked to Gemtech recently and they said that they are planning to do their "pay the tax stamp for you" special (probably in April), they just won't say which can(s) it will cover (yet).

That'll probably motivate me for can #2 if its something I can use. Last years special got me #1.:w000t:

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I talked to Gemtech recently and they said that they are planning to do their "pay the tax stamp for you" special (probably in April), they just won't say which can(s) it will cover (yet).

Hmmm... that will probably motivate me to get the suppressor for my .308 now. Might get the .22 depending on what they offer.

I can't remember how it worked last year, whether you could get 2 stamps paid for or do they just cover one stamp total?

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm... that will probably motivate me to get the suppressor for my .308 now. Might get the .22 depending on what they offer.

I can't remember how it worked last year, whether you could get 2 stamps paid for or do they just cover one stamp total?

Not sure if you could order multiple cans or not but last year they only paid the tax on the Tundra. I'm assuming this year will be similar with only one can available for the tax credit.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm hoping to suppress a Beretta 92 fs as soon as next year possibly. If I start paperwork and such before December, I believe I can accomplish this goal. So, I would say do the glock, but thats my preference because I want a suppressed pistol so I dont need hearing protection when I'm just hiking in my pasture and see a skunk or opossum or some such critter. Or if there's something in my backyard at night.(Inlaws live across the road, they hate it when I shoot in the middle of the night.)

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I vote with some of the others. Get a .22 Can first. I have the Spectre and love the application range on it. From a .17 to a 5.7. Here is my Spectre mounted on a Walther P22 that I just recently purchased from someone on the site. I also use it on a Sig Mosquito, a GSG 1911, my 10/22 Rugers in .22LR and .17 HMR2 (Mach 2), My AR-15 with the CMMG .22 Conversion and others. The flexibility is just great!

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom