Which "Tactical" Boot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The lovely and talented Mrs. Jack T got me a pair of "Boot Campaign"Altama boots several years ago. Wore ém every day for a couple years, then replaced them with a pair of Bellville boots. Really pleased with both of those brands.
That mirrors my experience (down to replacing the Boot Campaign Altamas with Bellevilles), except I bought the Altamas and got the Bellevilles from my BIL via my dad (they were too small for Dad's gunboats). The heels/soles of the Bellevilles seem to be wearing better than the Altamas.

I had a pair of Bates Zero Mass boots that were pretty comfortable, but I gave them to my brother because their throats were apparently made for women's feet, not the cankles of Full Growed American Males, and they didn't have bootstraps to help with that issue.

I replaced them with a black set of Bates Tactical boots. Unlike the Zero Mass, Altamas, and Bellevilles, the tongue is not attached to the upper, which makes them easier to get on/off, but also means that I can't wear white socks with them, because there are gaps between the tongue and upper. (Well, I can, but it looks odd to me.) They're not as comfortable as the Altamas or Bellevilles, and they're not nearly as light as the Zero Masses, but they're not bad, particularly for the $59 I gave for them.

FWIW, if you're interested in the Bates boots, Woot! currently has a limited selection of the Zero Mass, Tactical, and a lower-rise boot for $59 each.

ETA: never mind on the Woot! deal. It looks like it's over now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom