Which Walther to buy..pp/ppk/ppks.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm asking these questions 40 years to late. I had an old buddy(deceased for a few years) who had a heck of a collection of the Walther PP/ PPK style pistols. I think pre-war, post war French models, different calibers...and so on.

There was a model... (American made?) he refused to collect and I can't remember why. With his passing his kids and grandkids went through his collection with little concern.

So, what I'm thinking about, a Walther pp/ppk style pistol in 380. A shooter..BUT...one that is collectible or one that is the type or model ppk people would want. I want to shoot it, but in later years hold its value or be desireable if possible.

Example: Just like a Colt SAA...third generation...a shooter but will still be desireable to Colt SAA collectors now or in the future. Is there a WaltherPP/PPK like that?

If not, whatt shooter model pp/ppk/ppks.....or whatever model they make now, should I buy. I'll get the 380, in stainless.....weekend or whenever shooting.

Also, any websites or forums you would recommend on the little Walther.

Thanks!!!

Cohiba

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Blued, you'll want to go with German/French produced guns. All post-war Walther PP/PPK/PPK's were manufactured in France by Manurhin( even the German stamped ones). All Manurhin did to manufacture all parts, slide an frame unmarked an then send them off to Ulm Germany so the could be marked an proofed. This continued till 1986 when Ulm took over full production of the PP series.

Stainless steel, you'll want to look for Interarms marked guns. These were made in Ranger Alabama(they also made blued one's too).

Smith & Wesson, So swear by them, and some swear at them. True Walther collectors(I'm one) ignore them for everything S&W did to them to make improvements. I'm sure if those were needed the Germans would have seen it and fixed it.

Now to your question, I would look for an Interarms stainless steel PPK/s in .32acp or .380acp. Either will serve you well.

www.simpsonltd.com

http://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Pistols/BI.aspx?Keywords=*pp&IncludeSellers=979927

Latest posts

Top Bottom