Whisker Biscuit or Drop Away?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longrangepistol

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you shoot competitively and want absolutely zero effect on your arrow then a drop away is probably what you want. If you hunt and hunt hard from the ground, trees or spot and stalk then Murphy's Law prevails and you want the simplest and probably one of the most effective rests, a Whisker Biscuit. I started shooting them in their first configuration, where there was no cut out notch to load your arrow, you just loaded it from in front of the biscuit and pushed you nock end back to your string. As for fletching, if you properly 't center shot your rest, with a laser center shot, then your fletching's lifespan is almost indefinite. If you shoot feathers then you will see wear because they are natural fibers that break down from the friction. This is my experience of shooting drop aways and WB's.

I have since simplified my addiction to training wheel archery and have graduated to a stick and string. Much more gratifying in hunting and competition.

LRP

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are stalking in thick cover then a WB would do you just fine. I shoot and prefer a full capture drop away. It is faster and gentler on the fletchings. I used to shoot WB and killed game just fine, but I feel that with today's speed bows, you would be better served with a drop away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom