Who are the top 10 AR-15 manufacturers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big50

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No one cares what you think because you have yet to answer Promiseofwar's queston. I own eight different brands of ar's and I like the all. Please refer back to post number three...respond or move on!!!

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one cares what you think because you have yet to answer Promiseofwar's queston. I own eight different brands of ar's and I like the all. Please refer back to post number three...respond or move on!!!

What I took from UMB's post is that this thread is too broad. You seem to be taking things a little too personally. I think spending the amount of money Wilson Combat or Les Baer demands is insane. But if that's the rifle that makes you happy, then so be it.

The OP's question seems like a loaded one IMO. It is tough to answer. Are we talking about most reliable? Most expensive? Most accurate? Best fit/finish? Best resale value? Or all of the above?

Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Wilson ReconTac and I like it... It's reliable as every single AR in the safe. The frankengun I build with the bestofthebestofthebestect... parts if by far my best AR, but as the "builder", i'm pretty partial. Favorite is a tie between the Novesk lower/RRA2stage/RRA EliteComp upper, and the other franken Nov/Spikes/YHM/Troy/Giselle/PRS/BravoCo/Wilson/AAC... But all in all, nothing beats an accurate 10-22 lol

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
See, now were getting somewhere! It was just a matter of time.
To answer the question of whether i have owned a wilson or les baer, the answer is no. I would not spend money on either.

I own four Colt's, great guns but fit and finish have gone down hill.

You do read the sarcasm of my sig line, correct?

In all honesty, there are several that I like.

I have a RRA that I like real well, a 6920 that I like as well.

I also like Bravo Co, Noveske, Daniel Defense, and like a Palmetto kit I have also. Depends on the use, and what you want. Do not discount FrankenARs. I am building a 204 Ruger, with a White Oak barrel, Mega upper and lower, with a RRA 2 stage trigger. I have a 9mm build with Spikes upper and lower, Magpul furniture, Troy rail, and CMMG BCG and LPK.

Big50

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I took from UMB's post is that this thread is too broad. You seem to be taking things a little too personally. I think spending the amount of money Wilson Combat or Les Baer demands is insane. But if that's the rifle that makes you happy, then so be it.

The OP's question seems like a loaded one IMO. It is tough to answer. Are we talking about most reliable? Most expensive? Most accurate? Best fit/finish? Best resale value? Or all of the above?

Most expensive, most accurate, best fit/finish and best resale would be??

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The OP's question seems like a loaded one.

Truth #1.

The ar world in particular is dominated by war horses, show ponies and every one else.
Threads about what ar is best invariably becomes a contest where all three are put into the same category. This is a mistake because these three types do not correlate, for the most part.

The fit and finish crowd bashes the war rifle crowd while every one else ends up claiming to be "just as good as...".

Truth #2.

Latest posts

Top Bottom