Who carries a Glock loaded with one in the chamber?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunset_Z28

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
good point... again, my not carrying a Glock is completely due to me not taking the time to properly train myself to where motions are committed to muscle memory. some of this is due constantly changing weapons.

a major reason is my chosen CCW of a revolver. so recently what brain cycles, dry firing, range time, reloading, etc is committed to revolvers. recently purchased a S&W 66-2 .357 specifically to spend more time with a revolver.

just loaded up another 200 rounds for the next trip to Sand Springs Gun Club. If Glock was on my brain the same way...

img.photobucket.com_albums_v186_o0pss_DSC00311_1.jpg

I've got the same gun but a -4 I believe. Get a hogue grip and you'll love that thing.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have used a Glock for my carry weapon for years. I do agree with some of the others. If you do not feel safe with it, carry something else. That is one of the great things about having so many choices now.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glocks are NOT known for accidental discharges because they have 3 safeties to prevent it.
They are known for negligent discharges which are the human elements fault.
Most commonly, idiots shoving them in their waistband with no holster.

ya but those 3 safeties are for drops. I'm going to stick my neck out and state there is NO safety on Glocks as it pertains to accidental trigger discharge.

ANY object that manages to snag trigger will also depress "trigger safety" ... so for all practical purposes there is no trigger safety. that safety only works in the unlikely event that trigger is depressed without touching safety lever.

try it... see how hard it is to get trigger safety lever not to release, anytime trigger is touched. Yes I understand categorically Glock will not go off until trigger is depressed. soooo with Glock's trigger safety release having no effect on anything that manages to accidentally snag it... one is put in a position to always protect Glock's trigger.

this is my view... yours probably may veri...

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do all the time. It took me a couple of weeks to build up the nerve to do it, but not even a second though since. I would feel more comfortable carrying a Glock chambered than a 1911 in all honestly. I also have and will carry a 1911 chambered, cocked and locked, I just check the thumb safety constantly.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If I couldn't carry a gun with a round in the chamber I'd choose a gun I could.
I agree.
After carrying a Glock 27 chamber loaded for almost 2 years and being uncomfortable with it, I finally went to another handgun.
Every handgun is a compromise in one way or another.
Carry what your comfortable with and what you'll carry all the time.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd trust a chamber loaded Glock and its 5 pound trigger pull.... over a cocked 1911 with its thumb safety accidently bumped-off.... any day of the week.

Some 1911s only have a 3 pound trigger pull when cocked. I'd hate to have a holstered 1911 that had the thumb safety accidently knocked to the off position ....say by a seat belt strap accidently getting between the gun and my body while driving-- pressing the safety down & off.... and then have my finger 'tickle' the trigger when drawing. At least the Glock does require a solid press on the trigger lever safety before the trigger will retract.

Latest posts

Top Bottom