Who does the best local cerakote job?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm about to drop off my SR1911 to have it done in burnt bronze
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=311242

Glad you like it. ;)

They're right though... I'm not doing it anymore. I really enjoyed it, and I loved seeing the finished product and trying new things, but in all honesty, I was young and dumb and seldom used a respirator. Totally, 100% my own stupid move... but the last couple of years, the fumes just get to me too much.

I'll occasionally do one for a close friend, but that's it.

I finally though, after doing so many for other people, did one of my own.

IMG_20140827_172608498.jpg

IMG_20140827_172637741.jpg

IMG_20140827_172714019.jpg

That's a year and a half, maybe two years old by now.

I do miss it though, and one day, I might get back around to it, albeit with a little more caution.

I'm honored for the kind words though!

BigTexOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dropped off my upper and lower with BLA and Clint to get done. Can't wait to see it when it's done, I'll post pics.

The stuff he has in his shop he's done is amazing and he's a great individual.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got prices from Accu-Kote and Erickson Firearms in Tulsa for 2 stripped Glocks. Was ready to drop em off at Accu-Kote and he responded that they were renewing their insurance and would get back with me. I never heard back.
Both had great prices (within $15) and good reputations as far as I knew. After the delay I sold one of the Glocks and decided the 34 would be better off factory since it was a competition gun.
Try [email protected] and http://www.ericksonarms.com
I got prices from Harsh and he was double the price of the others. For a standard graphite black Glock slide it wasn't worth it to me.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got prices from Accu-Kote and Erickson Firearms in Tulsa for 2 stripped Glocks. Was ready to drop em off at Accu-Kote and he responded that they were renewing their insurance and would get back with me. I never heard back.
Both had great prices (within $15) and good reputations as far as I knew. After the delay I sold one of the Glocks and decided the 34 would be better off factory since it was a competition gun.
Try [email protected] and http://www.ericksonarms.com
I got prices from Harsh and he was double the price of the others. For a standard graphite black Glock slide it wasn't worth it to me.

Wow... looking at like $350 to have a complete AR done according to the website. That's a bit more than I was planning on... + $35 to disassemble/reassemble.

Also wanted just furniture on one (handguard, mag, grip, stock), looks like another $200+ for that alone... more than the cost of the furniture. Ouch.

<edit> Those are prices from Erickson Arms - so you're telling me Harsh is around twice that price?

Man, I'm gonna rethink this who thing. Lots more than I had heard it was in the past.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the time of the post Erickson quoted me $115 for 2 Glock slides, 2 barrels, and 2 extractors. That's with me breaking them down and bringing them in. Harsh was exactly double at $230.
A pretty straight forward Cerakote job. I didn't end up coating them. Might try emailing both and see what you get.

Wow... looking at like $350 to have a complete AR done according to the website. That's a bit more than I was planning on... + $35 to disassemble/reassemble.

Also wanted just furniture on one (handguard, mag, grip, stock), looks like another $200+ for that alone... more than the cost of the furniture. Ouch.

<edit> Those are prices from Erickson Arms - so you're telling me Harsh is around twice that price?

Man, I'm gonna rethink this who thing. Lots more than I had heard it was in the past.

Latest posts

Top Bottom