Who has an ACOG?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't let the haters hate. ACOG is a great optic. Very versatile for hitting targets out to 800 yards or more. Super clear glass. I have a lot of variable scopes and an optic that goes down to 1x has its place too. But a gun you can grab and go and be confident for anything from 100-800 without even thinking, the ACOG is great and fast.

I agree (TA31F owner myself).

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone got one and want to review it? I've never been behind one but they look pretty neat. If any of you have one, how do you like it? What model is it? What are the pros and cons?
Would you prefer another optic?
I'm thinking of a 223/556 AR.
Love to see pictures of it too.
I've got one for my 7.62 x 51 and I like it - clear and bright. With that said, I find myself always wanting more power in the scope - aim small, miss small :D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't let the haters hate. ACOG is a great optic. Very versatile for hitting targets out to 800 yards or more. Super clear glass. I have a lot of variable scopes and an optic that goes down to 1x has its place too. But a gun you can grab and go and be confident for anything from 100-800 without even thinking, the ACOG is great and fast.
I'm not a hater. I had it mounted on a Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 mag. I have pics on photobucket, but you know what a mess that is now.
Sold it because I had nothing else to put it on to be clear.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a hater. I had it mounted on a Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 mag. I have pics on photobucket, but you know what a mess that is now.
Sold it because I had nothing else to put it on to be clear.
No offense but the Bushnell clone isn't the same. Actually I think it's a piece of crap compared to be real thing. Do they even make one more than 2x?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No offense but the Bushnell clone isn't the same. Actually I think it's a piece of crap compared to be real thing. Do they even make one more than 2x?

The guy I sold it to sold it later as well. It would have been ok for a rifle dedicated for short range work. He tried a magnifier on it, but still didn't work for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
@steelfingers - If i could comfortably afford the ACOG, I would purchase it without a question. Like I said, they work well and are very durable, at least the one's I had issued to me. Like @doctorjj pointed out, they will assist in rapid target acquisition at yardage from 800 and below well on silhouettes. I may have misrepresented my point earlier as it was purely financial and I am a poor retired guy. lol

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@steelfingers - If i could comfortably afford the ACOG, I would purchase it without a question. Like I said, they work well and are very durable, at least the one's I had issued to me. Like @doctorjj pointed out, they will assist in rapid target acquisition at yardage from 800 and below well on silhouettes. I may have misrepresented my point earlier as it was purely financial and I am a poor retired guy. lol
I'm a poor working stiff...Ha. Maybe we can start a GOFUNDUS thing here and both get one.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What model and power is it. I think they go up to 6x. Seems you would need some power to hit at 800 (at least at my level).

Back in the day a fixed 10x was issue for Marine and Army snipers. They made shots a whole lot farther than 800. I think the quality of the glass makes the biggest difference. Trijicon glass is pretty good and off of the bench I could ring steel at 300 all day with my Comp M2 Aimpoint at 1X and a 4mil dot. It was downright boring. 4X will go a lot farther than most think, it's pretty much the indian instead of the arrow.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only complaint I have with the ACOG is that on a bright sunny day, you can't turn down the brightness. Kinda of like staring into a flashlight. I use the Aimpoint/Eotech's exclusively at about 1/4th the cost.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aren't the ACOGs fixed 4x? I just selected an AR optic and I went with Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 with TMR firedot 3-9x40. That being said, I don't plan on kicking down any doors and will use my AR primarily for yote schwacking.

EDIT: +1 on the aim small miss small

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom