Who has an ACOG?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a TA31RCO-A4CP on my Colt AR15A4, and in Afghanistan I had a TA31-M150CP on my M4. I can reliably hit 700 meter targets with my ACOG all day. It is fantastic. I’m sure it isn’t the best optic out there, but it is probably the top combat optic. They are very expensive, but understand what you’re paying for, VERY good glass, tritium, a bomb proof casing, a mechanism that will hold its zero no matter the abuse it’s put through. I’m sure they charge a little extra for the name too. In my opinion it’s worth every penny. Would I recommend you buy one? It’s hard to say. For less cash you can get optics that you might get more utility out of. The drop compensator on ACOG’s are tuned for a specific barrel length, with a specific twist, and a specific bullet weight. I don’t know enough about ballistics to know how much a change in one of those factors affects its accuracy when using the BDC. I would highly suggest you try to get behind one and see how you like it before you drop that kind of money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom