Who is looking for Locally made Kydex Holsters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you interested in a Custom Kydex Holster?

• No thanks, i'll pass.

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Yes: Glock / M&P

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • Yes: XD

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Yes: 1911

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Yes: Keltec P3AT

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Yes: Smith J-Frame

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lucky13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you guys tell me what prices you would expect to pay... I'm not sure what my labor is worth honestly... i know what others charge and it seems a little high.

well what are some options.....i mean for a custom holster do you offer logos......specific designs as far as IWB OWB etc....

i mean what could we look forward to as far as customization......

cause i'll pay a pretty penny for my own custom holster

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would be interested in one or two. And maybe some mag pouches. I think depending on which holster you are making, I would pay $40 for a simple design to $65 for something a little more complex.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is what I'd love is a kydex made much the way Grandfather Oak does their IWB. A single leather loop placed high so the gun rides low in the waist band. The only thing I have against it is the side of the holster that rests against the hip is way to lumpy. I wish there was a way to make one that's slightly contoured to the hip but relatively smooth. The lumps create pressure points. Picky aint I. I'd pay $40 - $50.

DrBaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of you may not know Nano yet. I can't begin to explain how skilled he is with all types of material. I've seen many examples of his metal working, wood working, kydex, and other skills. He is one of the most creative and talented people we have on this forum. Anything he offers to make is well worth looking into.

WAC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on a mag pouch! a pocketable mag pouch, an IWB tuckable mag pouch would be awesome. How about $20-$25?

I'd really like to have an IWB, tuckable for a 1911 with an integral mag pouch. Finding a way to carry all the stuff you need to carry when you wear slacks and a knit shirt is difficult. I haven't seen something like this so maybe it would be unique and easy to sell. I've got a Crossbreed IWB double mag pouch and an MTAC IWB holster. Well you can't wear both without looking pretty odd even if your pants are big enough. An IWB holster with a mag pouch right next to it might work pretty well. I realize that it would put the mag on the strong side but that would be better than no mag at all. Alternatively a flashlight holder on the IWB would be something I'd pay to try.

Where do we get in line?

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i would love to have one for my XD, but will the options be just for those listed or could you do any weapon we brought you? i have been looking for an IWB tuckable holster for my CW9 and can not find one i like. let me know if you will do it and i will be there for sure.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wow - thats a pretty wide variety of holsters....

And thats what i'm thinking when i say custom... someone wants a holster like "this one" but make this part like "that one" and do this other thing to it... i.e. not just a one-size fits all cookie cutter holster.

I'm sure i could get a logo laser-engraved - i have resources for that.

I'm not sure about mag pouches... I guess its not much different than a holster, and i know theres some stuff out there nobody makes one for (did i hear GARAND Clips???)

I've made thin kydex holsters for pocket guns - they hold up OK for that but a full size gun... ehh... the belt clip seems to fatigue and break too quickly... But if thats something someone really wanted or felt the need for i can make it just as easy.

I made the voting booth just a general selection of popularly carried guns.

For anything NOT on this list below I'd need to have you make an appointment and either bring your gun by, or drop it off with me. Plan on not having it for a minimum of two weeks, although my plan is a week or less turnaround.

Glock 17/22
M&P 9mm (full size)
J-Frame
P3AT
CZ75 Compact .40

Everything else I'd need your gun.

I'd be happy to make one for a Kahr or whatever other random handgun you have as long as i can have your gun to make it with.

I'm thinking:

$45 for a single belt-loop IWB holster
$55 for a double loop IWB (same as single with the extra loop off the side)

$55 for a single Tuckable
$65 for a double Tuckable

(tuckable requires extra time and material)

$20 for a mag pouch

So, who wants to go first?

Latest posts

Top Bottom