Who makes a nice 10mm 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Iver Johnson has one, rock island personally this one needs to be out longer for me at that price, Remingtons, and even now if you are orient you can find a delta elite for $900-1000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m itching bad for a 1911 in 10mm. Saw a Kimber today at my local shop but the price was astronomical. He’s been known to price his guns to high though.

So here’s my question for y’all, who makes a good 1911 chambered in the best millimeter?
That guy at the corner of 412 and 64? Yeah, I've been introduced to his prices. Was the Kimber in that glass 1911 case separate from the rest of his guns on the south wall? That's his retirement guns.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
read that the RIA’s had issues in 10mm

Would love a Dan Wesson but not sure I wanna spend that much.

Yeah, you can read a LOT of things online. The early Colt Deltas had issues with their frames cracking. Then the later models had issues with unsupported barrels, a fairly common problem apparently.
Kimber? You can read issues on them too. Be prepared to tweak any 10mm 1911 you get due to the loads you intend to use, and get some good aftermarket mags. Most "factory" mags are garbage.

The RIAs are built surprisingly well for a ~$600 10mm. Dare I say just as good a Kimber in terms of frame to slide fit.

Someone mentioned the Ruger, they are good guns. They aren't bad for the money and come with good features for the price, however each one I have picked up was pretty sloppy in fit. In which that may not matter, I've had more than a few "sloppy" 1911 that have shot really well.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
That guy at the corner of 412 and 64? Yeah, I've been introduced to his prices. Was the Kimber in that glass 1911 case separate from the rest of his guns on the south wall? That's his retirement guns.

yeah, the only one in Guymon unfortunately. There’s one or two in Hooker I think but their prices were just as bad when I went in there. Vaguely remember one had a box of FMJ .45ACP for $50 (this was probably 6 years ago) and the other had a Hi Point Carbine for $550... (this was probably 4 years ago). I never went to those stores again.

but no, it wasn’t in that case you are talking about. It was in the one right next to it lol. That case actually had some .45 caliber Gen 3 Glocks in it this time and they were priced at $500-$700. Laughable. I hate Guymon.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since you don't want to spend Dan Wesson money, then Colt, Springfield RO Elite Operator or the aforementioned Ruger for even less. If you search enough you should be able to get a Colt or Springer for under a grand. The Ruger will obviously be less.

If you have Dan Wesson money and just don't want to spend it? Do it anyway. Buy once, cry once. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom