who makes the best rimfire supperssors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what are you looking for?
You have a lot of properties to decide on
length, solid design or take apart, quietest, warranty.
you sacrifice some things for others.

the quietest ones are generally longer or made by someone other than a major manufacturer
22 cal is a dirty ammo so you might want to consider one that comes apart but that would not mean the quietest
I am doing research and development for supressors right now and have found that there are hundreds of designs for baffles and some of them simply don't work worth a darn but the best designs are too expensive to mass produce and still sell for a profit.
Small companies that have little overhead can make a great supressor and make it profitable but they sell so fast that getting one is near impossable without waiting for it to be made.

GlocksInMySocks

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Titsworth is a douche bag. Probably one of the worst resources for testing on the net because he is so biased.

I wouldn't go as far to say that. Numbers don't lie. I can't really think of many other sources of metered numbers other than silencerresearch and NFA talk. You sure as hell can't trust the manufacturers numbers or youtube videos.

But honestly though, i've never seen him as all that biased other than that he likes AAC. But that doesn't really hold water because he posts numbers that show other cans doing better. What have you seen? Not trying to be a douche and argue with you, i'm just genuinely curious. I don't want to keep recommending something if there is a legitimate reason not to. I just haven't seen him be overly biased at all.

Either way, just go talk to the major, he'll help you out.

Last edited:

GlocksInMySocks

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the quietest ones are generally longer or made by someone other than a major manufacturer

Which companies are you talking about? the quietest small manufacturer i've seen so far is Liberty. His designs are pretty crazy, so i'd have to agree with you there, but his kodiak hasn't measured as low as the element. But in reality, the 3 db difference is never going to be anything anyone would notice.

Last edited:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have a lot of properties to decide on
length, solid design or take apart, quietest, warranty.
you sacrifice some things for others.

22 cal is a dirty ammo so you might want to consider one that comes apart but that would not mean the quietest
I am doing research and development for supressors right now and have found that there are hundreds of designs for baffles and some of them simply don't work worth a darn but the best designs are too expensive to mass produce and still sell for a profit.
Small companies that have little overhead can make a great supressor and make it profitable but they sell so fast that getting one is near impossable without waiting for it to be made.

+1 for take apart. rimfires are filthy and a clean can is important.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sparrow makes the most sense to me. Easier to take apart and clean, as it has sleeves inside, so the fouling doesn't hang up and damage the parts as you take it apart. Looks like this;

awww.itstactical.com_wp_content_uploads_2010_12_Silencerco_22Sparrow_12.jpg

I'm just gonna form 1 one, one of these days, but I totally plan on bootlegging the Sparrow's design. Got a lathe???

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Silencerco, SWR & AAC would be the one's I'd consider. The Sparrow, Spectre and Element are all good cans that are cleanable (a must have for a .22 suppressor in my mind).

Latest posts

Top Bottom