Who says Mini 14's cant shoot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preokc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
First range trip with the new rifle. Considering i was shooting Fedral XM-193 bulk ammo and didnt have a very good rest i was very pleased with this 100 yard group.

I mounted the Nikon P-223 scope last night and didnt think about it till i saw the scope on the rifle. I noticed the windage turret might be in the way of the ejected brass. Well it is. I noticed some light brass kisses on the knob. But as long as it doesnt harm the scope or effect the POI im not gonna worry about it.

It took awhile till everything would stay tight. The rings loosened up at first and i had to keep checking them. Even the gas block loosened up on me. After awhile they seemed to stay tight. I left the weight flush with the barrel. Ill try moving it around next time.

The trigger is decent for a Mini but still fairly heavy. Hopefully after i get to play with the weight and differant loads i can tighten the group up,

img.photobucket.com_albums_v460_preokc_023.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v460_preokc_017.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v460_preokc_027.jpg

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thats the target version with a harmonic deal and bull barrel. the earlier Mini's have a thin profile barrel ... when those heat up they string shots.

I like mine...never was supposed to be a target rifle. It's a para military rifle by design... runs dirty and keeps shooting. The one I have is a good cold bore shooter... it will bust coyotes and I'd like it better if Ruger had Garand-worthy sights on it.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thats the target version with a harmonic deal and bull barrel. the earlier Mini's have a thin profile barrel ... when those heat up they string shots.

I like mine...never was supposed to be a target rifle. It's a para military rifle by design... runs dirty and keeps shooting. The one I have is a good cold bore shooter... it will bust coyotes and I'd like it better if Ruger had Garand-worthy sights on it.
I had one and got rid of it. They can be made to be accurate if you got the money.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one and got rid of it. They can be made to be accurate if you got the money.

That's why I still have it....makes a good truck gun. Even with the hot barrel it will shoot minute -of-man out past 100 yards, even hot. I wont start the AR vs. * debate but for my purposes the Ruger is that rifle for me (until I break down and buy an AR)

I bought my old Mini back when they were cheap...

Besides...if I want to be all "accurate" and stuff I have a Garand and a 03A3

Latest posts

Top Bottom