Why do people like Cabela's and Bass Pro so much? They seem overpriced?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For big box stores they are really overpriced. Now I dont know anything about their camping, fishing, or hunting supplys but their guns are usually more expensive than local stores. I dont know why anyone would buy from them when they could buy locally and potentially talk to someone who actually knows what they are talking about. Also in OKC I dont know a single store that wont let you pull the trigger on the gun.

Youd think a big box store would have better prices than local and approaching internet prices.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They do have some high prices. Especially in their used guns section. If I walk around long enough I sometimes find something on sale that I want.

easy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People go to the big stores to fondle the variety that you can't get at the smaller shops. After that they make an affordable purchase.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand going to them around here. Between Sportsworld, 2A, and Fatboy I think all the bases are covered and then some.

Latest posts

Top Bottom