Why do people like Cabela's and Bass Pro so much? They seem overpriced?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Living in a small town, I like to go to Cabella's and BP. I'm like a kid in a candy store, and the reason is, that I can find everything they have in their store online at likely a lower price, then have to pay shipping, and wait.
I get the instant gratification of the product being there. So what if it costs a couple bucks more. Its in my hand now, and don't have to spend half a day on line looking for it, when I could be at the lake fishing, or at the range shooting.
I've been looking for Corbon .380 ammo for over a year. Online dealers always have it on back order. Cabella's had it on the shelf, and I bought three.
Never bought a gun from them.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The clothes, fishing supplies, and camping supplies are worth the trip.
Yeah I can get that, not other store has the vareity there but I always see at least someone filling out a 4473 at Cabelas and just dont get it. They could save 20-100 bucks and go else where. Heck Id suggest the internet over cabelas, at least a local gets the transfer fee.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last time I was there some 20-something pointed a rifle at me twice. You just never get used to that.
To be fair a 50 something did that to me at a gander mountain out of state that I visited... Another reason I dont like it, you have people who have no idea what they are doing and have no idea they are being paying more. Granted a lot of gun shops get those same types but I find gun shops will more than likely correct you if you break safety rules.

Last edited:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's fun to look, but I rarely buy. I do occasionally get gift cards, then I look for items on sale that I really 'need' or 'want.' I did that just recently. Bought a box of ammo at a really good sale price, then spent the rest of the card on a couple of over-priced ammo boxes!

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stop in at BP and look around if I'm already downtown for something, haven't bought anything there in years, last thing was some hunting boots. I haven't been to Cabela's. I'm more of a Walmart or Academy shopper, cheaper and easier in/out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom