Why do we trade guns???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I almost traded away my S&W 640 today. It's my favorite Carry gun. I had a different on back in 97, traded it away. Regretted it for years until I bought this one back in 07. I swore I'd never get rid of it. But earlier today I offered it in a trade that fell thru.

Why do we do these things?

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many times I've found myself short on cash and long on guns I don't shoot very much, and then something comes along (like a custom Mauser, for instance) that I really, really want. So, I sell guns and/or trade guns and end up with the custom Mauser.:D

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:homer: I dunno why many of us are afflicted with the desire to do this. I traded a guy here back and forth like 3 times for the same pistol. I wanted it; he wanted it; I wanted it; he wanted it back; I wanted it back again...etc. It's crazy. I think he finally sold it to somebody else to stop the madness. I must have traded off like 3 Glock 26 pistols already and here I am wanting another one! I gave my Walther PPK/S to my daughter and now here I am , wanting another one! I need help...

But, I have a sweet Ruger MK III that shoots like a dream I have had for quite awhile...so...:rubhands:

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love trading and selling, but to be brutally honest. Most of the time it is due to bills. I'll buy a gun and get to play with it for a bit, and then something will come up and I have to sale.
MM got my last one I wish I could get back.lol but I know it will be well taken care of.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes it's because we just find a better mousetrap.

I sold my 442 and don't regret it a bit. Nothing at all wrong with it, but I found that I just like the Ruger LCR a whole lot better, so that's what I got. Also we just change our methods too. For instance I have a Marlin lever action for sale right now in the classifieds. What's replacing it? An AR15 variant because at a 3gun match I realized that I can make far longer shots with ease in a platform that's just more capable, versatile and lighter. A little bulb went off when I was making shots pretty easily with my AR that I don't think I could even make at all with that lever action. I've got zero interest in the levergun listing it so I'll likely be keeping it afterall, which doesn't hurt my feelings as it's still a cool gun, it's just a different kind of cool.

Latest posts

Top Bottom