Why do you carry a revolver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcruse

Marksman
Reaction score
I also believe that modern revolvers are safer than most autos. Plus they don't require a manual safety.
Most semi-automatic handguns do not have an external manual safety, with 1911/2011 being the most notable exception. I think that an external safety is dangerous without a very large amount of regular training.

snubinmypocket

Marksman
Reaction score
Most semi-automatic handguns do not have an external manual safety, with 1911/2011 being the most notable exception. I think that an external safety is dangerous without a very large amount of regular training.
Why is that? If a shooter is trained to keep their finger off of the trigger why can’t they be trained to engage and disengage a manual safety? Do you also think rifle manual safeties are dangerous?

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've carried some version of a 1911 for 63 years and all of em were tricked out with 2-1/2 pound triggers and had the normal government style safety which never caused any issues because l trained with it.

All my S&W revolvers had 1 pound single action trigger pulls and 3-3/4 to 4 pound double action trigger pulls. Same thing l trained with the revolvers and was as accurate with them as l am with a 1911.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why do I sometimes carry a revolver, because I can. Seriously when walking in the woods I usually have a 357 on my hip. First two up are snake shot, next two 38 sp, last two are full house 357 mag. That covers me for anything I will run into from snakes to small animals or larger. If I want something other than next up I can just turn the cylinder a few clicks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom