Why I don't like the lake on holidays...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I decided to go fishing with my dad Saturday afternoon at Foss Lake... Of course, that wasn't a good idea... didn't really like the wakeboarder boats coming within 15 - 20 yards of us fishing... but I got to practice my balancing skills between those losers and the trim motor not working on the boat (my body weight had to be used to plane out)...

I did catch a fish, so that was good...

[Broken External Image]

But this gave me a good laugh before leaving...

[Broken External Image]

And of course... the idiots double and triple parked...

[Broken External Image]

IAMPS3

Marksman
Reaction score
Exactly the reason I went and shot matches this weekend. I NEVER go to the lake on holidays.

This.

There are enough morons that hang out on the lakes during non-holiday weekends. But throw in a long weekend and you're sure to just get pissed off at the complete trash that show up and act like idiots.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
yep, i've been a boat owner for 15 years. my kids grew up boating but the holiday weekends can ruin a family's time real fast. we find that the weekend before or after is much more condusive to good family fun. not as many drunken idiots out.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Big Three (Memorial day ,July 4th, Labor day ) is the only time most of these lake wariors(twenty somethings and 40 yr old want a be"s) come out to play. We watch the show on Keystone each year from the Shriner campground and keep our boat dry till it safe to go out again .

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I avoid lakes on Holidays, specially Memorial and 4th of July like a plague. Is that a drum you caught?

Yeah, trolling. Because it's a drum, my total fish count this year is ZERO (1 black bass at McGee Creek, drums and other trash fish count as "-1" according to my dad and his fishing buddies). The blood is because the line got tangled up in some trees.

Weak fish. Heavy action rod, spiderwire, and didn't feel a thing until I hit the trees.

Latest posts

Top Bottom