why i hate open carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
anyone who knows me,knows i talk too much. every time i run into an oc'er i end up in a conversation about the gun and gear they are carrying and i can't get anywhere on time. it's like the post your EDC threads in real time.

jerbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know what you mean, I can invision people taking their guns out in public places and letting people look at them. BTW, I haven't heard any discussion about this. Legal or not, I would think not, but that wouldn't really be considered brandishing. Would it?

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know what you mean, I can invision people taking their guns out in public places and letting people look at them. BTW, I haven't heard any discussion about this. Legal or not, I would think not, but that wouldn't really be considered brandishing. Would it?

No where in the SDA book does it say Oklahoma has a brandishing law. What we do have is both misdemeanor and felony pointing of firearms.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No where in the SDA book does it say Oklahoma has a brandishing law. What we do have is both misdemeanor and felony pointing of firearms.

Just because it's not in the SDA Handbook does not mean it is not in statute:

Title 21. Crimes and Punishments
Chapter 55 - Other Crimes Against Public Peace
Section 1362 - Disturbance by Loud or Unusual Noise or Abusive, Violent, Obscene, Profane or Threatening Language
Cite as: O.S. §, __ __

If any person shall willfully or maliciously disturb, either by day or night, the peace and quiet of any city of the first class, town, village, neighborhood, family or person by loud or unusual noise, or by abusive, violent, obscene or profane language, whether addressed to the party so disturbed or some other person, or by threatening to kill, do bodily harm or injury, destroy property, fight, or by quarreling or challenging to fight, or fighting, or shooting off any firearms, or brandishing the same, or by running any horse at unusual speed along any street, alley, highway or public road, he shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor, and, on conviction thereof, shall be fined in any sum not to exceed One Hundred Dollars ($100.00), or by imprisonment in the county jail not to exceed thirty (30) days, or by both such fine and imprisonment, at the discretion of the court or jury trying the same.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By the title I thought this would be a Twoforflinching thread...

On topic though, I have yet to ruin into an open carrier. I need more gun-toting friends, it seems.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be pretty irresponsible of you to do so in public, like in the middle of Wally world. Now if you were in a more private area where passers by couldnt see, fine.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
one guy i ran into at tractor supply was carrying a fully engraved colt combat commander in a askins avenger holster. that was awesome

Latest posts

Top Bottom