why i hate open carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I OC'd yesterday at QT and an Albertsons gas station (ethanol-free) and today at Wallace World in Bartlesville - not a peep from anyone. Kind of disappointed I didn't see anyone else OC-ing.

Looking forward to acquiring a better gun belt so I can OC my 1911.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
anyone who knows me,knows i talk too much. every time i run into an oc'er i end up in a conversation about the gun and gear they are carrying and i can't get anywhere on time. it's like the post your EDC threads in real time.

I do this every day at the sheriff's office whenever somebody comes to pick up their SDA card or get their prints done or to pick up a packet. So far the most popular carry guns from the folks I've visited with seem to be J frames. Of course, most of the folks I see coming in to pick up their cards have all been in their 50's too.

jduff8505

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not purposely OCd yet, however today was nice being able to have my long sleeve over shirt unbuttoned and not worry about imprinting or brandishing. I also am of the opinion that pulling your gun out to show someone is unwise. I love to talk about guns too, and would probably move a gun show to one of our cars where it is more private from nosy people.

Jeff

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not purposely OCd yet, however today was nice being able to have my long sleeve over shirt unbuttoned and not worry about imprinting or brandishing. I also am of the opinion that pulling your gun out to show someone is unwise. I love to talk about guns too, and would probably move a gun show to one of our cars where it is more private from nosy people.

Jeff
no one i encountered removed thier gun from the holster,not sure where that came from

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Jeff

Same here. I was in the middle of a project at the house today and ran one bag shy on concrete. Pre-Nov 1st, I'd have went in and changed holsters to a less comfortable IWB before setting off for Lowe's. As it was I had my 1911 in a Wilson Practical, straight drop OWB holster under an untucked t-shirt. I just jumped in the truck and went. It was pretty nice to not have to worry about it!

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the range yesterday stopped at QT to get a gatorade with my XD9, 2 spare mags and a coye ridgeback all out in the open. It was great not having to swap rigs for travel to and from the range.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well I had my first OCer question. I was asked by a Taxi-cab driver if he had to let people open carrying into his Taxi. I replied"No sir you certainly do not. That is like your office and place of business so you can tell them no." He then told me that a lot of the guys (3) so far dont look like they should even be around a firearm. I just said that he would have to make the final deternanation on that.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I had my first OCer question. I was asked by a Taxi-cab driver if he had to let people open carrying into his Taxi. I replied"No sir you certainly do not. That is like your office and place of business so you can tell them no." He then told me that a lot of the guys (3) so far dont look like they should even be around a firearm. I just said that he would have to make the final deternanation on that.

Thank you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom