1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Why I love this vaccine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dale00, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Louro

Louro Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    You are over thinking it. Just believe what the government says and everything is going to be alright. They never lie. (sarcasm)

dennishoddy and O4L like this.
  2. Dale00

Dale00 Sharpshooter

Watch the video in post 320....these sorts of concerns are addressed in the video by a knowledgeable physician. I'm not posting to debate but to try to help people see things more clearly and dispel the false fears being put out in the echo chamber of the internet.

Some highlights of the video in post 320:
    It's normal to be skeptical and have questions (9:30)
    One concern after another has been knocked down by the top class scientific research (12:00)
    What about variants? (14:30)
    These vaccines are not in the trial phase (18:00)
    Yes they prevent transmission

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  3. turkeyrun

turkeyrun Sharpshooter

Climate change!

It is "settled science"

Louro likes this.
  4. xseler

xseler These are not the firearms you're looking for.

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Makes you wonder how the 'alternate' universes are handling this issue...

p238shooter and thor447 like this.
  5. sh00ter

sh00ter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    No harm done, I'd loan you a box if you ran out at the range...this issue is just a wedge issue that we are enjoying the debate...but honestly, we all seem to agree that people should have as much freedom as possible in lots of areas. I'd buy you or dennis or okcbob or JD, etc a tall one if I could. I'm not a leftist, I just have a different opinion for me. I support those of you who decide to go first and obviously understand why. Thanks

TwoForFlinching likes this.
  6. sh00ter

sh00ter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    I'm going to de-escalate...I didn't think I assumed anything about you personally in my reply? Apologies of course if that's how you took something I said. We all are comfortable with our own positions, and we have enough material here for the fence dwellers to examine on their own if they read this thread and come to their own conclusions. We may be doing a deal on the classifieds someday and I don't want me being cautious about my own decision to take the shot to somehow taint any future relationships or other areas we most certainly agree on. I don't want to be first in line to take it, not a big deal. Dale was just doing this thread because he was happy we could open the economy back up and the ingenuity that went into a "solution" that came so quickly. I respect that. If I needed emergency surgery or something, I celebrate the system and the doctors who can deliver that too!

dennishoddy and xseler like this.
  7. Dale00

Dale00 Sharpshooter

Let's not get off track, climate change is a whole other can of worms.....Science is never "settled" ...it is always open to testing and verification....however it gives us the very best and most powerful information we can have to minimize suffering and maximize the good.
    That said when in the middle of a new situation you go with the best information science can provide ....you fight the fire with the best knowledge and tools you have at hand. If you say no, "I need to know everything and need to know 100% that I have the best tools and fire fighting strategy possible before I fight the fire", you are going to lose badly.

okcBob likes this.
  8. JD8

JD8 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
  9. sh00ter

sh00ter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Willem Dafoe is a great actor, is that from spider man or what movie?

Anyway, you guys at least have plenty of people who agree with you on this issue :) (liberals & MSNBC, not race), notice how she mocks the Lord.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  10. Dale00

Dale00 Sharpshooter

1. It is irresponsible to politicize this public health issue. 2. You cannot judge the validity of a position by pointing to bad people who promote a position.....I imagine that the KKK is in favor of the second amendment etc. ....it is foolishness to say, "Look the second amendment is racist"
    Think before you post

Louro, dennishoddy and okcBob like this.