1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Why I love this vaccine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dale00, Mar 16, 2021.

1. sh00ter

sh00ter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    The difference is Dale, these people would like to run our lives...I don't think you agree on that part. I am pointing to how this "public health" issue is a good crisis that should not be let to go to waste to give authoritarians more power...we saw the same with masks...and all this flowing from people who constantly flip flop:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...s-Covid-cases-disturbing-level-set-surge.html

I just want you to be aware that some control freaks are on your side of the issue...I know the k-lan (what few of them that may still exist) is probably pro 2nd amendment, but they probably also like some of the same food and beer as me and you too...the difference is, they happen to agree with a right, and are not trying to take away a right as the "public health" cult is. So your comparison/analogy is off-base...at least I didn't say you were getting off track when you made the analogy.

Louis Farrakhan also agrees w/ the 2nd amendment so that means you agree with the k-lan and him Dale LOL! (and yes I know he also is against the shots)

2. Dale00

Dale00 Sharpshooter

sh00ter I pray that you are comforted and experience increased healing over the loss of your father and that you are able to find a positive, productive way to channel the pain of that experience. The war against COVID is a positive and amazing effort that unfortunately has drawn some power hungry politicians who are misusing it. I am with you in opposing abuses of civil liberties but the vaccine fears you have bought into are not real.

3. TerryMiller

TerryMiller Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Can you comfort those with reactions to the vaccines that their issues aren't real?

While climate change is a different issue than vaccines, scientific study and conclusions are very similar. Some biologists claim that humankind came about through evolution, but you as a biologist know that humankind is/was the creation of God. It is the same with so many other scientific genres. There are disagreements between geologists about the various "layers" of the earth's crust and their causes.

Yes, science is a continual process in trying to determine "the truth." And sadly, scientists can and do occasionally inject their political bias into their "studies."

4. Dale00

Dale00 Sharpshooter

Please consider the flip side which is far larger: Can you comfort those who suffer because people have been dissuaded from taking the vaccine? ........Your perception of risk is being shaped by the distortions of the bad-news biased media.

The best minds in virology, immunology, and epidemiology have joined to agree that this vaccination effort is far and away the best thing to be done. As many as will voluntarily take the vaccine, the better. The Risk-Reward ratio has been carefully assessed. Nothing is 100% safe but this one is very close...see post 337.
    The video in post 320 explains the big picture far better than I can.

5. Retired

Retired Marksman

Opinions, Opinions, so many Opinions.

6. sh00ter

sh00ter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Dale, I appreciate the kind words (although it was a long time ago but I invoked it because it was a personal example of how Rx isn't 100% safe).

I also appreciate your opinion on the safety issue. My issue is more around it remaining a choice, but if you have ever read a vaccine insert or Rx insert for that matter, you will see that the makers openly admit they are not 100% safe & effective. When the people who make it have to admit that in writing by law, I just don't understand how people conveniently ignore it because they like the technology? If you knew this and admitted it but still said "for me, I have made the choice despite these things", then your would probably have an easier time in these discussions. The earth isn't flat, a girl born a boy is still a boy, and vaccines and drugs are admittedly not without side effects. Thanks again for showing goodwill though Dale; you are probably a standup guy who just has a strong opinion. I've found that most areas are gray and not black & white...I think generally the shots work; so now I've said something you can agree with. And I know you mean well too!

7. Dale00

Dale00 Sharpshooter

Long ago when my older brother was going through medical school he would come home from time to time and educate future-biologist me. One of those insights he shared was that nothing that happened in hospitals made him fearful; the more he had learned the more secure and confident he was in medical science and practice.

Today as a biologist (nothing involving virology, immunology or epidemiology) I cannot in good conscience remain silent while I see people misled and harm caused by unrealistic fears of this vaccine and distrust of the science and scientists behind it. I have enough education in related areas to understand the overall picture and enough to know what I do not know. The COVID vaccines are a very good thing. What you are reading on the vaccine label is language written by lawyers and corporate officials to meet narrow corporate ends....not a scientific assessment. Watch the video in post 320.

DavidMcMillan and dennishoddy like this.
  8. sh00ter

sh00ter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    I'll watch as soon as I can, but in the inserts I recall reading, it was potential side effects observed from trials and other reports...to me that is called transparency and trust me, they still tow the line even in that language. I have never known lawyers and corporate bosses to offer up transparency Dale...I think the scientists are the ones who hopefully made enough noise to get that in there.

Of course I have also heard of situations where these collectivist (code for commies) vaccine pushers are so concerned with the "greater good", that they ignore the rights for an individual to make a true informed consent decision. I have also heard that some lawmakers (probably funded by drug companies) have tried to remove the right to even see the inserts (why in the sam-heck would that be necessary...hmmmm) Lotta those folks of the same mindset gravitate to HOA's too.

9. Retired

Retired Marksman

Opinions, Opinions, many more unsubstantiated Opinions.

10. TwoForFlinching

TwoForFlinching Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Opinions make the world go around. Even scientific fact is just a collection of agreed opinions. As much as we humans love facts, they are very few and very far between.