1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Why I love this vaccine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dale00, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Dale00

Dale00 Sharpshooter

Here is a possible scenario for the incident in which an innocculation event was closed down out of an abundance of caution : A tiny bit of mass hysteria induced by media and internet claims of harm from the vaccine.

Some people are negative about getting the vaccine but coerced into doing so by family etc..
    The article gives no details about the "presentation" of these side effects. Fear of needles alone causes many of us to be vulnerable to fainting unless distracted and talked through the esperience. If people are reading about problems on their phones at the inocculation event while they are in line or they see someelse having a "reaction", I can see them reacting in a negative way....psychosomatically......hives for instance.

okcBob likes this.
  2. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I saw my heart doctor today. He stressed getting the shot. Pfizer or Moderna. He pointed out to me his head nurse's husband died from the Covid on Monday. He said he was healthy as a horse and was taken by the virus in three weeks. He was 50.

Until today, I had no plans on getting the shot.

Food for thought.

DRC458 likes this.
  3. sh00ter

sh00ter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Dale, the media has been a cheerleader for the vaccines since Biden took office. You can't implicate the most pro-vax biased organizations are somehow now anti-vaxers...Also, you pro-vaxers always look at these shots as monolithic. Advil and Tylenol are both pain relivers but not the same thing and not the same risks. You seem to try and defend anything negative about all of the shots instead of identify one you like. Which one did you mean when you posted 'why you like this vaccine'? You posts seem to indicate if there for 50 unrelated shots for covid that you'd view them all the same. I'm just trying to understand your position better, thanks.

4. sh00ter

sh00ter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    I'm sure genes play a role too and supposedly bloodtype but that goes back & fourth as does mask wearing LOL.

If you are someone who likes a quick fix, and not educated on nutrition and willing to take certain supplements as prophylactics and maybe even get a few blood tests to verify what you are doing is working, then the shot may be your preferred option. Just know it isn't without potential side effects and nobody can tell you the long term safety yet no matter what they say.

I would add that there are MANY accounts of doctors treating patients with various therapeutics successfully and your life would depend on that too if you were to get it AND be sick enough to go to the hospital. For example, there was a doctor in Texas treating people with common steroids and asthma medication and people were getting better. There are so many factors that come into play and if you are not able to look into it all and be your own advocate, then the instant gratification is the shot as is the personality of most Americans these days.

I already take monolaurin, zinc, vitamin C and vitamin D3, and other things for other reasons. But I know it is better than nothing if I am not doing the shot. Flu and corona viruses are encapsulated in a lipid membrane, and eating away that membrane keep the viral load down...this has been known for YEARS way before covid came along, but it is a lipid coated virus too. Another thing that people like for cold/flu season is EpiCor...You should do your own research and follow your instincts and decide what is best for you as an individual.

RagdollOp likes this.
  5. Dale00

Dale00 Sharpshooter

^^^ No, you should follow your physician's advice. If you do not have confidence in your physician find another one. Whatever you do, do not use the internet as your doctor.

DavidMcMillan likes this.
  6. sh00ter

sh00ter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    That is generally good advice Dale (olive branch). Of course if you switch until you find someone to tell you what you want to hear isn't a good option either LOL...a second opinion is of course! I've even gotten second opinions for dental stuff :)

7. Dale00

Dale00 Sharpshooter

My understanding is that there are seven different COVID vaccines. I am not familiar with them all. I understand the one made in China is only 50% effective.
    Pfizer, Moderna, and J&J are approved for use here, meaning they are both adequately efficacious and very safe according to the best scientific standards. I would urge anyone to follow the advice of their physician....which almost always is going to be to get whichever of these three vaccines are available.
    As should be obvious, the media is in the bad-news business. Anything that sounds the least bit bad about a vaccine is going to broadcast loudly by the media.

8. sh00ter

sh00ter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Well as you can see, they are still under EMERGENCY approval by the FDA, which is partly why some people are skeptical of the "adequately efficacious and very safe" claims as compared to vaccines that go through the ordinary process of approval.

Then they want to give these emergency vaccines to a low-risk group, our kids...if it walks like a duck that is after more profit, and quacks like a duck that is after more profit, then it is pretty much revealing itself as a duck.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...VID-19-vaccines-includes-kids-ages-12-15.html

They do the same thing with global warming...in the name of the AOC doner-class emergency, we need to do something that will make them incredible rich to save the world...no difference in these people, they should be ashamed; this is why the commies want health care that isn't for profit (the whole profit before people argument). We don't like poachers because it gives regular hunters a bad name...same thing.

9. bigred1

bigred1 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Day 14 after my second shot of Pfizer.....all's well.

10. xseler

xseler These are not the firearms you're looking for.

Supporter
    Rating
    100%

I'm at day 10 of the 2nd Phizer.....no issues.

Dale00, MacFromOK and bigred1 like this.