1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Why I love this vaccine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dale00, Mar 16, 2021.

1. MacFromOK

MacFromOK Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    See that y'all stay that way... :saywhat:

:drunk2:

bigred1 likes this.
  2. thor447

thor447 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I'm on day 22 after the second Phizer. No issues either.

bigred1, MacFromOK and Dale00 like this.
  3. Dale00

Dale00 Sharpshooter

If you dig into it I believe you will find that emergency approval means they bypassed some bureaucratic steps but there was absolutely no bypassing of testing and evaluation steps need to verify efficacy and safety.
    Emergency approval is a very good thing. We owe Trump a big "thank you" for forcing the system to streamline the approval process without sacrificing the development and production of vaccines with full verification of safety and efficacy in less than one year...a near miracle! I love these vaccines!
    Thank goodness we have emergency approval of vaccines.

Do you think your doctor would be taking the vaccine and urging his or her patients to take it if it was inadequately tested and risky??
    What does your doctor tell you about the vaccine? Still waiting for anyone on OSA to report that their doctor tells all their patients not to get the vaccine because it is inadequately tested and risky.
    Your arguments about our doctors being robots and enslaved or brainwashed, or some such malarkey, is absurd.

DavidMcMillan and okcBob like this.
  4. okcBob

okcBob Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Good point. Havnt seen any docs recommending not taking the vaccine because it was not tested adequately. Every doc I talk to has taken it & recommended getting it, unless medically contraindicated (like any medication or vaccine). Haven't seen anyone on this site reporting his doc recommended not taking it because it’s not properly tested & unsafe.

5. TerryMiller

TerryMiller Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    How about if one's doctor has asked if one was going to get the vaccine and gets a negative reply? How about if the doctor then doesn't even "recommend" the vaccine?

turkeyrun likes this.
  6. TwoForFlinching

TwoForFlinching Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have a good friend who is a doctor. We share a deer blind in Fall. He opted to not take a vaccine due to the short creation window. When we spoke about the premise of a viable vaccine and how we both looked forward to it last April over lunch, he expected it would be a few years. He was iffy when Pfizer made their announcement last Summer, and when given the option of a first priority dose, he decided it didn't pass the sniff test. He's a small town doctor with a ton of aging patients. While he wasn't comfortable with it himself, he recommended it for his older patients, my grandma included. I did ask him why to which he said something like "The presumable benefits far outweigh the serious long term risks for the elderly." My 90 year old grandma agreed.

I also have an RN sister who opted out of it along with nearly the entire staff of her hospital. The Dr's they work with weren't comfortable with the fast creation either. She has my entire family spooked on it. My parents think pfizer would thereby 'own' their physical bodies and dna because of some anti-vaccine propaganda video floating around. I haven't seen it... but it's understandable seeing how much false stuff they share on facebook. I'm not looking forward to the day my mental faculties dwindle to a point i start believing anything that supports my own argument. That's not a personal shot at anyone, just a trend I see and a hope I still have the same mind open to changing opinions and facts I do now when I'm their age.

I may be too trusting, or perhaps it was my unquenchable thirst to rebel and flow against the current, but I decided to get the vaccine after my uncles 21 day journey from healthy to dead. It's an individual choice. I made mine, everyone else is free to make theirs. Arm hurt like hell after both shots, low grade fever the day after the second.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    turkeyrun and SoonerP226 like this.
  7. Fade2blue

Fade2blue Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    XlU5QYBF.jpeg

RagdollOp likes this.
  8. ConstitutionCowboy

ConstitutionCowboy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It's been over 6,500 days since I've had a vaccine shot with no negative effects due to the lack thereof.

I believe that since these flu-like diseases mutate so often and rapidly that there was very little time on the grand scale of these things to get these vaccines "approved" for purchase by the government (paid for by We the People) to prop up the drug manufacturers. Maybe the drop in "need" or "desire" for the regular flu vaccines - due to their lack of effectiveness of late - spurred this panic hype and fear mongering. At the least this is food for thought.

Woody

RagdollOp likes this.
  9. Dale00

Dale00 Sharpshooter

If I understand, your doctor asked if you were going to get the vaccine and you said , "No". He then made no recommendation.
    I don't know all the particulars of the situation but do believe that many physicians take a low key approach given that so many patients would react strongly and negatively to hearing what they do not wish to hear: that the vaccination is recommended.
    I suggest you ask your doctor for his or her recommendation and if they have taken it.

10. Dale00

Dale00 Sharpshooter

As the doctor in the video in post 320 expresses, there was a time when it was entirely reasonable to be skeptical about the vaccine. It was created and tested many times faster than had ever been done before!

It takes time to understand that and feel confident in the streamlined process...namely to learn that in spite of the speed, the full and complete testing was done. What was skipped were the slow bureaucratic committee meetings etc., that had been done with previous vaccines. Thank you President Trump/VP Pence for cutting through the red tape and getting the emergency approval of a safe and effective product in an amazing timespan. Thank you to all the scientists here, in Great Britain, and in Germany and elsewhere who worked tirelessly to get the job done and beat the pandemic. Thank you to the tens of thousands of volunteers who took the vaccine (or placebo) in the trials.

DRC458 likes this.