1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Why I love this vaccine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dale00, Mar 16, 2021.

1. sh00ter

sh00ter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Hey I was just posting an article from a mainstream news source...the goal is to garner confidence to the public to take the vax...informed consent should include screw ups like that no? I didn't think posting that link was anti at all; it was like telling a buddy he watch out, that transmission shop screwed me over.

These primitive beasts can't think for themselves:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...n-vaccine-running-Deadliest-Catch-NASCAR.html

Also, 100% effective against hospitalization (not):

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...alized-COVID-19-despite-fully-vaccinated.html

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  2. okcBob

okcBob Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Doesn’t look like you are posting to garner confidence. Appears to be another antivaxxer attempt to discredit the vaccine.

From your daily mail link:
    ...”However, the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is believed to be 100 per cent effective in preventing severe cases of COVID, such as Cosme's.

'The vaccine had high efficacy at preventing hospitalization and death in people who did get sick,' the CDC currently state on their website.

'No one who got COVID-19 at least 4 weeks after receiving the J&J/Janssen vaccine had to be hospitalized.' ...”

Now, from the CDC citation that the daily mail used for this article:
    “How Well the Vaccine Works
    • The J&J/Janssen vaccine was 66.3% effective in clinical trials (efficacy) at preventing laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 illness in people who had no evidence of prior infection 2 weeks after receiving the vaccine. People had the most protection 2 weeks after getting vaccinated.
    • The vaccine had high efficacy at preventing hospitalization and death in people who did get sick. No one who got COVID-19 at least 4 weeks after receiving the J&J/Janssen vaccine had to be hospitalized...”

• You & the daily mail cited the 100% effective claim. But the daily mail’s own research showed 66.6% effective-yet they published 100%. So both the daily mail & you are wrong. The guy was hospitalized after a vaccine with only a 66% efficacy rate. So, 66% looks like an accurate #. I’m guessing both you & the CDC don’t know how to research or are purposely promoting antivaxxer theories. Nothing new here.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  3. sh00ter

sh00ter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Fake news! I must be one of them there low-IQ NASCAR people the libs are trying to reach out to.

However, there is an expectation on the part of the reader that the reporter has done his/her homework when citing specific data and numbers, etc. But the CDC and Fauci have also had their share of flip flops throughout this ordeal.

The biggest issue is the collectivist initiative to convince the public the shots are 100% safe & effective...most pro-vax people believe this and the media by large also promotes this idea.

RagdollOp likes this.
  4. RugersGR8

RugersGR8 Sharpshooter

5. okcBob

okcBob Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I don’t believe anyone is claiming the vaccine is 100% safe & effective. I don’t think it is, I haven’t seen anyone on here claim it, haven’t spoken to any docs who have claimed it either. Only a fool would believe that.

6. RugersGR8

RugersGR8 Sharpshooter

I posted this to show that Trump had delivered on his promise on the availability of the vaccine and not it’s safety/effectiveness.

7. sh00ter

sh00ter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    You'd be surprised how many people in the general public do...you are in the medical field and are informed. The avg Joe "wants" to believe that and the media helps them to get there (except for the Daily Mail LOL).

8. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Nope

p238shooter likes this.
  9. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%

JD8 likes this.
  10. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    J&J vax now on hold...hope yall didnt use that one.