1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Why I love this vaccine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dale00, Mar 16, 2021.

1. sh00ter

sh00ter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Certainly it would be less dangerous than Tylenol...there must be more...one doctor was saying it was most likely people who already have antibodies naturally that are at the most risk of they take the shot.

Ha! Looks like the original defense talking point that birth control pills were more risky than the vax is now conveniently evolved to blaming the birth control pills as the stooge Fauci clamors for an explanation to this nation after all the trust that people gave him.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ohnson-vaccine-alert-reports-blood-clots.html

More than likely, this is happening to people who have the wrong combination of MTHFR gene mutations which already increase risks for clotting and strokes. I didn't read that anywhere specific to this situation, but I already was aware and it makes sense. You can do your own research on that.

2. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    That's how politics work in this day and time.

3. Hodrod

Hodrod Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Getting my 1st (Moderna) shot today....waited a couple of months since my brother and his wife got their 2nd shot to see if they grew a 3rd eye in the middle of their forehead....they didn't so here I go at 9am today...

dennishoddy, DRC458 and bigred1 like this.
  4. BillPenn

BillPenn Marksman

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Got my second dose of (pfizer) yesterday. A little extra stiff and achy this morning, but nothing bad.

DRC458 and bigred1 like this.
  5. Dale00

Dale00 Sharpshooter

No, you cannot do your own research on this topic. This is the problem. To be able to come to an informed judgement you must know multiple academic fields...all the research that has been done on relevant topics....100's or thousands of research papers, not to mention years of study to understand the complete mechanisms behind the scientific terminology you so blithely cut and paste to give the appearance that you know the subject. As a biologist I am maybe "half-way there" but I know enough not to do my own research except to see what the medical experts advise.

This is why we have subject matter experts in immunology, virology, epidemiology and related medical fields. They are not 100% correct, because the research continues. But they are light-years ahead of people who think their search engine skills will lead them to a correct judgement. Trust your doctor - the alternative is to be looking up while chasing rainbows in a landscape with plenty of cliffs.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    dennishoddy likes this.
  6. sh00ter

sh00ter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    In regards to the MTHFR gene, they absolutely can and there are plenty of doctors who have blogs that explain that in layman's terms to just inform as to what it is and what it means at a high level. I don't have to be a gunsmith to learn about guns. At some point, I may need a gunsmith's opinion or services. I didn't recommend people to do their own research and then determine their own treatment, I just tho0ught they may want to know WHAT it is and how it is linked to clotting.

7. El Pablo

El Pablo Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Most dr's have faced death threats for years from a segment of the anti vaxxer crowd. So many don't push them. The covid stuff has made it worse.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coro...0210106-u5praqcvuveptp3xi2n2yo4wf4-story.html

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/exclusives/84446

I'm far more surprised when Dr's push vaccines at this point.

8. sh00ter

sh00ter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    The liberal anti-vaxxers are a different breed...the ones in California blocking the HWY just like BLM...they are poachers in a world of hunters when it comes to vaccine hesitancy. They remind me of the useful idiots that harass the sandy hook families...they are almost like agent provocateurs to discredit a larger political movement.

9. cowadle

cowadle Sharpshooter

10. DRC458

DRC458 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%