1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

???Why Is My Classified Ad Locked???

Discussion in 'Old Ads' started by YukonGlocker, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrBaker

DrBaker Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'd like to see us copy the classified rules from arfcom. That would please several who have posted above. It prevents a bump for 3 days. The seller must update their original post (or most recent if it's a several day thread). If a buyer posts a "pm sent", the seller can't do the same and double the wasted posts.

2. Cossi

Cossi Sharpshooter

I don't completely disagree with this, but BY IN LARGE, most folks on here are good honest people. So I don't think there would be a lot of changing ads to screw people. I agree with extending the editing time for posts. I never under stood why it goes away at all.:scratch:

3. J.P.

J.P. Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    We tried that, and it didn't work as well.....

4. kd5rjz

kd5rjz Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    What about no bumping an unmodified add?

Generally the only reason anything has to be bumped is because we're asking too much for it to begin with. (Myself included)

5. J.P.

J.P. Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    What about just following the rules we already have?
    :anyone:

It seems that there are plenty of people here who are capable of that.

6. FAL guy

FAL guy Sharpshooter

What a novel idea!! I like the current rules.

7. eich

eich Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Amen Brutha.

8. TJ

TJ Sharpshooter

while that may true in some instances in a lot of instances it allows people to unbury their ad so that people that havent been on in a few days to see them.

as of lately i havent been on as much as i normally on due to a work project that has been demanding a lot of my time. and while i still get on at least once a day i haven't been hitting all the different sections that i normally look in such as the general section and the classifieds.

just because someone somones AD hasn't sold in 10 minutes doesn't necessarily mean that he is asking to much it could mean that they just haven't found someone that is needing it.

im just as guilty as anyone here about buying stuff at a great price even though i don't need it. then re selling it later. sometimes at a higher price

personally i have no issues with people bumping their ads or posting PM sent or replied.

what gets me is people posting 20 different ads when they could easily be done in one or people re posting the exact same Ad at the exact same price that they had it at before and it didn't sell before. (you people know who you are)

9. Kiyot

Kiyot Sharpshooter

Just FYI you may want to change the rules in the classifed to reflect the 24 hour period rule. As it states right now atleast the one that says to read before posting states that you can bump once a day. For instance now you have someone has had thier ad locked that put in thier ad 16 hours ago (yesterday) and then bumped it 6 hours ago (today). I only say thing because that person followed the rules as it is stated in the rules as I understand them but still got locked out.

10. kerryt1

kerryt1 Sharpshooter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.