Why Open Carry "Works" in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I travel this State daily... East to West North to South.

Maybe someone in the know can give me the correct figures... but rough estimation tells me that most of this state is sparse, open and semi- wild country.

When we eliminate the Greater Tulsa and OKC Metro areas.. it's very rare to find a town over 10,000 people. Most are substantially smaller that that.

Point... a man could carry a gun on his hip in much of this State everyday.. and just not meet anyone who would give a whit. I'd bet lunch a man could stand buck arsed nekkid, in the middle of the road, at high noon in many counties in this state --- and no one would ever come close enough to notice.

Killiing a snake, feral pig, coyote or a crazed meth cooker out in the boonies... who needs a cover garment to slow things down?

So.. I am posting a picture of the "wild west" that Oklahoma would become if we let folks excercise to right to carry a gun outside their pants. Folks.. this always was- and will aways be- some pretty wild country.

From where I snapped this photo... there is not much for nearly 300 miles, when you get that far (Grand Island, Nebraska) I hear it gets a little sparse.

Attachments

• looking north from Waynoka.jpg
    looking north from Waynoka.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 200

smTm8q

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Indeed, mans laws are for men. When they aren't around then what's it matter? You float through space on a small bubble of gravity all by your lonesome. Do the rocks care, or the dirt? Me neither.

Latest posts

Top Bottom